Bricked then unbricked EVO

kenl799#AC

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Two weeks ago, I was using my Evo and I plugged it with the stock charging cord. Moments later I looked over and noticed the light wasn't on. I hit the power button and it froze on the white HTC evo boot screen. I eventually pulled the battery. From that moment it would not do anything. No charging light, no boot or recovery or anything, just completely dead. I figured it was the battery, but it was not. The sprint repair shop could not figure out what was wrong with it either. Two weeks later, while waiting in line to have it sent away and receive my replacement phone, I hit the power button and it turned on. I was very surprised and have been using it since yesterday without incident. Any idea what happened? Is it only a matter of time before this happens again? My phone is rooted with CM 7. Thank you.

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Mine froze on the white screen a few weeks ago too, and I was like WTF? Pulled the battery for a few, powered it back up and it sat at the white screen forever, then magically booted on through. Boots every time now like it used to and only happened once. don't know what it was, but I bet if I hadn't pulled the battery it would have booted through eventually, regardless. Mine is stock.

yota265

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I sort of had the same problem. I was running CM7 but had to flash back to sprint lovers to get my nav to work. After a day of SprintLovers it was time to go back to CM7 so I tried to flash back and it would go keep just freezing at the white HTC screen forever. So i flashed back to Sprint Lovers and it started to boot up came up to the main screen then constant fc. Nothing would load took me 20 min just to get it to stop long enough for me to get it to turn off. Went back to recovery and flashed CM7 again and now working absolutly fine no problems at all. Just thought it was wierd.

kenl799#AC

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I am using the kernel that came with cyanogenmod 7.

It says "2.6.37.4-cyanogenmod-01338-g0374804 shade@toxygen #1" in kernel version.

I always expected that if something got messed up with the phone that I would at least be able to get to recovery. It was weird that it would do nothing, not even the white screen for 2 weeks, and now its like nothing has happened. I am carrying my old phone as a spare right now, because I don't trust my phone at the moment.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX