Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sold my EVO - best thing I ever did

I got so sick and tired of all of the problems with the EVO and especially Sprint, that I sold the phone on eBay. I bought a T-Mobile G2X and cannot be happier. My battery last about 8 hours, I get anywhere between 8-10 Mbps versus .50 - 1 mbps on Sprint. I NEVER was able to find and stay connected to a 4G network even when I was standing inside a Sprint store.

The EVO is a good phone but the network sucks. I find the G2X much more stable and it is a plain Android setup without any bloatware. More importantly, the network really supplies the fast speeds that they advertise. Very happy with my decision.

Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    ROM
    Decks

Congratulations I guess. I hope A T&T-Mobile works better for you.

Global Posts
    405 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean

Well I'm glad you found a carrier/phone combo that works for you. The G2X is a great phone.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G

Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Wish you all the best

ROM
    Team Venom v1.2

You made a great choice especially if you don't surf that much.
    Thanked by:
    doc69 

choices... that is a great option...
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

The funny thing is I surg a ton, download tunes, listen to podcasts, view movies, videos, etc and it NEVER skips, stalls or gives me that horrendous buffeting crap. The network is great. I highly recommend this type of phone for anyone who decries all of the bloatware that the majority of Android devices come pre-loaded with. Plain vanilla Android, for me at least, is the way to go.

As for price, my wife was already on T-Mobile so adding a second phone was a snap. I was paying $100 per month with the all inclusive date plan and my wide was paying about $85. Now with the Family Plan we are paying less (combined) then were were under two separate contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by slider9499 View Post
    and my wide was paying about $85.
    Might want to fix that before she reads the post. - FreudSlipped
    Last edited by FreudSlipped; 05-21-2011 at 01:26 PM.

ROM
    Team Venom v1.2

Less than $200 for 3 lines. As far as bloat, that's why I root.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

LMAO

I meant "wife" of course
    Droid Monster

Global Posts
    748 Global Posts

I checked out that phone and it was awesome. But it doesn't have 4G
    Live long, Rock hard
    Best in the World

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

Congrats to the op. With everything that sprint has done lately I'm pondering jumping ship for the sensation. I have been with sprint since last June and the service in my area has gotten worse by the day. My wife jumped to the iPhone on at&t and I'm floored by the speed and constant signal she gets.

Global Posts
    1,446 Global Posts
    ROM
    Changes weekly!

I personally love Sprint, good prices, have always had great customer service, and the 4G is plenty fast enough for a phone. Heck even my 3G in some areas goes up to 1.5mbps which is fast enough for me. I'm more for reliability, and I do like T-Mobile but at least here in PHX the reliability is terrible.

All the adulation because someone changed phone & switched carrier, I was starting to think he got a high paying job overseas.
    You still reside in the US, right Slider9499?

Global Posts
    639 Global Posts

Its great we have choices. It's all boils down to what works best for you. I'm happy with my EVO but whatever works for you and your needs.
    Galaxy nexus!

Global Posts
    624 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock 2.3.4

I'm selling my EVO once my upgrade date come up in Verizon in August.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Androidrookie84 View Post
    I'm selling my EVO once my upgrade date come up in Verizon in August.

Why would anybody pay for a used EVO? Does Sprint has better plan for people with non subsidized phones? Are there other usages for used EVO's?

Quote Originally Posted by kamtsa View Post
    Why would anybody pay for a used EVO? Does Sprint has better plan for people with non subsidized phones? Are there other usages for used EVO's?
    If someone wants an Evo, but isn't due for an upgrade or just doesn't want to be stuck on a contract and doesn't feel like spending $500 on a phone, they get a used one.... Big market out there for used phones, youd be surprised. Evo's in top condition go for 300+.
    How to flash a rom on your htc Evo
    Proud owner of a CR-48--My review of my CR-48

iPhone > Instinct > Hero > Evo 4G > Evo 3D

Evo 3D OOWNNSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twitter

PS3- SpiderMonkee

ROM
    Zedomax OC 1.6 Ghz

They might want the evo and not be eligible for an upgrade. That way they don't have to pay an absurd amount of money.

Sent from my (almost) HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk

they lost or broke their sprint phone.. need a replacement.. but are not eligible for an upgrade.

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 9

I bought my evo off Craigslist lol paid $200 still in box and plastic lol and to the op, the reason you can watch movies and all thatt good stuff without bufferring is because its a dual core device which makes it more stable because the processor is more powerful...
    Banned

Global Posts
    189 Global Posts

depends on the region your in. the network isn't nationally the same.

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts

chicago market is solid when it comes to the network

Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5

Quote Originally Posted by slider9499 View Post
    The funny thing is I surg a ton, download tunes, listen to podcasts, view movies, videos, etc and it NEVER skips, stalls or gives me that horrendous buffeting crap. The network is great. I highly recommend this type of phone for anyone who decries all of the bloatware that the majority of Android devices come pre-loaded with. Plain vanilla Android, for me at least, is the way to go.

As for price, my wife was already on T-Mobile so adding a second phone was a snap. I was paying $100 per month with the all inclusive date plan and my wide was paying about $85. Now with the Family Plan we are paying less (combined) then were were under two separate contracts.
    That family plan will get pretty interesting when AT&T eats T-Mobile. You can forget about that unlimited data and you can forget about network speeds and performance. AT&T's network sucks. Ran from them to Sprint and haven't looked back. 4G coverage only works in parts of Atlanta, otherwise, I never drop calls like I did with AT&T. Wish you all the best though.
    If you listen to heavy rock music, come hear the tunes at link below:
    http://www.reverbnation.com/darkblu

Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5

Quote Originally Posted by Jerzyiroc View Post
    If someone wants an Evo, but isn't due for an upgrade or just doesn't want to be stuck on a contract and doesn't feel like spending $500 on a phone, they get a used one.... Big market out there for used phones, youd be surprised. Evo's in top condition go for 300+.
    Really? Hmmm... then I know what to do with mine after my next phone upgrade. Have mine in a ruggedized case with extended battery.
    If you listen to heavy rock music, come hear the tunes at link below:
    http://www.reverbnation.com/darkblu
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast