cooper1010

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
i just signed up to post this, but you beat me, Donnie.

this thing looks awesome. i wished they kept the name supersonic. maybe i'll call it that when i kiss it goodnight. don't know if i can wait until summer.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
i just signed up to post this, but you beat me, Donnie.

this thing looks awesome. i wished they kept the name supersonic. maybe i'll call it that when i kiss it goodnight. don't know if i can wait until summer.

I WANT THIS PHONE! Wow, it looks amazing! And with HDMI output!

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I must say, this thing looks amazing! I'm moving to D.C. later this year and what do you know, they have 4g. Really making me consider getting this. Only two things discourage me...don't want to jump on this and then something better comes out two months later (like always) and it being all touchscreen. Oh that and its on Sprint. My experience win Sprint hasn't been so great. I'll keep an eye on this though.

Droid_Moment

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
I was hoping to change my forum name to something SuperSonic-like...

but we can't and I don't want to restart all over, but I'll make it as my siggy lol

monkeyzero

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Summer release and a surcharge for 4g, seems like sprint is back to it's old tricks again.

If it's simultaneous voice and data I'm ok with the surcharge for 4G. That's the one and only thing I miss about the iPhone. Except that on AT&T here in Chicago it was pointless anyway since the service was terrible. I'm happy with Sprint and 4G is head and shoulders above 3G.

Also, the wireless hotspot ability of the EVO is stupendous. I've used 4G on my laptop and it's incredible. It compares to the 5Mbps broadband I have through Comcast at the house. I'm not exagerating that at all. It's so fast. Maybe video streaming or something might slow it down, but everything else is identical in speed to a land connection.

donald.aleshire

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
If it's simultaneous voice and data I'm ok with the surcharge for 4G. That's the one and only thing I miss about the iPhone. Except that on AT&T here in Chicago it was pointless anyway since the service was terrible. I'm happy with Sprint and 4G is head and shoulders above 3G.

Also, the wireless hotspot ability of the EVO is stupendous. I've used 4G on my laptop and it's incredible. It compares to the 5Mbps broadband I have through Comcast at the house. I'm not exagerating that at all. It's so fast. Maybe video streaming or something might slow it down, but everything else is identical in speed to a land connection.

Speaking of Chicago, I live here too and I notice I dont see 4g anywhere on the future cities or current cities...whats up with that!?

monkeyzero

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Speaking of Chicago, I live here too and I notice I dont see 4g anywhere on the future cities or current cities...whats up with that!?

You mean you don't see Chicago 4G on the future or current cities list? Because we've already got it. I actually live in Aurora but work in Chicago. Aurora is almost 100% 4G covered. It's amazing. But, please clarify what you meant. I'm a little confused.

donald.aleshire

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
You mean you don't see Chicago 4G on the future or current cities list? Because we've already got it. I actually live in Aurora but work in Chicago. Aurora is almost 100% 4G covered. It's amazing. But, please clarify what you meant. I'm a little confused.

No you have the idea of what I meant, I thought Chicago had 4g but I just did not see it on Sprints current roll out of cities. But I guess we do have it!

dandm4life

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Ok, now this I can follow, I don't know what dandm4life was talking about when he mentioned Sprint was up to their old tricks again regarding a surcharge. Thanks for the post
the engadget article referenced a possible surcharge, doesnt look like that is panning out though.

russellpr

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I still love my launch day Pre and webOS is an awesome UI, but the EVO's specs are off the hook! (...realizing, that "off the hook" may not the best phraseology for a phone...)

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I still love my launch day Pre and webOS is an awesome UI, but the EVO's specs are off the hook! (...realizing, that "off the hook" may not the best phraseology for a phone...)

At least it isn't a flip phone. The Pre is my last flip/slider phone ever. From now on, I'm a chocolate bar/tablet style person. With moving parts, its just something else to go wrong, unless you build a rediculously durable slider, like the LG phones (My chocolate had a nice slider on it).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance