Exchange?

johnstad

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Hello-

Considering moving over from my Treo Pro to the EVO.

When using exchange, what items can be synced over?
-Email? If so, do you get folders?
-Contacts? Would you get categories?
-Calendar?

Thanks so much.

John

mpafr012#AC

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
Android uses Microsoft Exchange Server. If your company or provider uses it and you have the access needed it can push email and will two way sync calendar and contacts.

deparson

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
My understanding is that stock Android does not support calendar sync via exchange.

Android uses Microsoft Exchange Server. If your company or provider uses it and you have the access needed it can push email and will two way sync calendar and contacts.

spepi

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
I just down graded to the Blackberry Curve, and passed my Hero off to another user, until the EVO-4G is released....I had Exchange syncing fine, contacts, calendar, folders....the only limitation is to browse the GAL, which to me, would be a great feature out of the box, instead of purchasing an APP to do this.

Mar 31, 2010
www.brandongoodman.com
The Android Exchange sync on 2.0.1 has another peculiarity. When syncing with Exchange servers prior to 2007, you will not get HTML formatted email. I've seen several explanations that this is a server side issue but I have iPhone users syncing to the same server and they get HTML but Android users do not.

There is another free app in the Android Market called K9 Mail that is being actively developed which seems to have more features and better support for both Exchange and IMAP than does the builtin (non GMail) mail app.

kuhawksr1

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Lots of goodness revealed here about Exchange. Info spread across multiple pages. Multiple exchange accounts, access to GAL, active sync push, etc.

Marty1781

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Not true. I have used a Droid with my Exchange calendar. It just puts it in the separate exchange calendar app.

I believe the native Exchange compatibility in Android is limited to only email and contact syncing. From what I have read, Motorola and HTC (and possibly others) have added to that capability on their own handsets by adding the ability to sync an Exchange calendar.

Marty1781

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
The Android Exchange sync on 2.0.1 has another peculiarity. When syncing with Exchange servers prior to 2007, you will not get HTML formatted email. I've seen several explanations that this is a server side issue but I have iPhone users syncing to the same server and they get HTML but Android users do not.

I believe it is a server-side issue. I cannot speak to your iPhone users, but for Windows Mobile users, prior to Exchange 2007, they too could not view HTML email on their mobile devices. The introduction of Exchange 2007 allowed for the viewing of HTML email on Windows Mobile devices.

BryEDS

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I handle email and tech stuff for many users at many companies and iPhone users on exchange 2003 get HTML email while droid users do not. IMAP through the same server on the droid shows HTML, while the exchange version on the same server doesn't show HTML ... makes no sense

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar