HTC Mail: "Mark all as Read"/ V2.0 Upgrade

chappo2000

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
A couple of questions.... both of which I can't find searching the forum.

1) Which version of the HTC stock Mail app do you have installed on your Evo? Mine is V2.0. A friend that owns the HTC Thunderbolt has V3.0 pre-installed. Is it possible to upgrade to V3.0 (and not talking honeycomb) easily and without rooting? Would V3.0 even work on the Evo?

2) The reason I want V3.0 is because you can "Mark all as read," where it seems you can't in the version currently installed on my Evo. So, the second question, is there a way to "mark all as read" on the HTC Mail app V2.0?

I appreciate any guidance.

chappo2000

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I believe this feature is something that is part of Sense 2.x. Stock EVOs have Sense 1.0 and thus we don't get that feature. If you root your phone you can install custom ROMs that have Sense 2.x or 3.x and get this feature. Some of the vanilla (AOSP) Gingerbread ROMs also have this feature, so you can also get it by updating to Androind 2.3.x without Sense. My understanding is that once the EVO 3D is released, the EVO will get and Android 2.3.x OTA update. Not sure if the version of Sense will rev up as well though, so it's unclear if this feature will be available even after this update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol