Time not showing correctly!

shawnluke05

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I have looked on here and I didn't see this posted anywhere. I have also contacted Sprint and got zero help.

All morning my Evo has been showing the wrong time. Sometimes it's 5 minutes fast and sometimes it's 10 minutes fast.

Is anyone else having this issue? I have turned the phone off several times and that corrects the issue, but then before I know it, the time is wrong again.

I have updated my profile and even tried updating the prl to see if this will fix the issue and it works at first but then the time is wrong again within a matter of minutes.

cgiaimo

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
My time was wrong today too, had a 9am meeting and looked at my phone and it said it was 9:02 and then double checked my computer time and it was 8:54.

Put the phone in airplane mode then took it out of airplane mode and it seems to have helped, but currently it is still running 1 minute fast compared to my computer.

anon(171363)

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
The funny thing is, I have a Blackberry Bold and an HTC Evo and the Evo is showing the time off by about 6 minutes where I am. It has been like this all morning from what I have noticed.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Mine is fine. Using Navy Clock app (which gets a read from an atomic clock time server), I'm showing the network time as 15 seconds faster than the atomic clock, which seems typical from what I've seen. Usually am 15-30 seconds off; but not several minutes like the others here are reporting.

hamidxa

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Mine is off by about 6-7 minutes as well.
I just restarted it and it corrected itself, but I can't quite figure this one out...

tntgallo

May 3, 2011
Visit site
same here

Started sometime this early afternoon.
5-10 minutes fast, then corrects itself, then goes 5-10 minutes ahead again.
Reboot fixes temporarily, but speeds back up. Took battery out and that didn't work either.
Checked settings and everything is correct. My wife has same phone and she isn't having this issue.

HTC Inspire 4G on AT&T.

yota265

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Weird I had the same thing a couple of hours ago. I just went to the time settings and took it off automatic and then turned it back on and all has been fine since.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

tntgallo

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Inspire too

Not just Evo.
As I stated before, I have the HTC Inspire and it's doing it.
Status Bar clock as well as the Widget.

Woke up 10 minutes early because of this plus it really
screws the texting timestamp up with showing 10 minutes after the real time.

Frustrating!!!

apugh

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I found the time on my phone off this AM as well...about 10 minutes...rebooted it and it reset to the proper time this morning and just noticed that it was ahead again by about 10 minutes. I just rebooted once again to see if it is something with Sprint's network or my phone.

Sprint, it sounds like you better get onto this problem as it started yesterday.

bigpuma

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Weird I had the same thing a couple of hours ago. I just went to the time settings and took it off automatic and then turned it back on and all has been fine since.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I have been having the same problem as everyone else. HTC EVO about 10 minutes ahead. I turned off automatic setting and turned it back on and it reset to the correct time. We will see if it lasts.

apugh

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I found the time on my phone off this AM as well...about 10 minutes...rebooted it and it reset to the proper time this morning and just noticed that it was ahead again by about 10 minutes. I just rebooted once again to see if it is something with Sprint's network or my phone.

Sprint, it sounds like you better get onto this problem as it started yesterday.
It's been 30 minutes now and time has not shifted ahead...

Stud Muffin

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Mines been doing the same thing on Verizon (sorry, not an Evo, Droid Eris). 10min fast. Tried rebooting, unchecking auto, and rechecking it. Both only temporarily fix it. Guess I'll have to switch over to manual. The wifes is just fine and we're both around the same tower.

I guess plus side is, I was actually on time for work this morning...

Last edited: