Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Time not showing correctly!

I have looked on here and I didn't see this posted anywhere. I have also contacted Sprint and got zero help.

All morning my Evo has been showing the wrong time. Sometimes it's 5 minutes fast and sometimes it's 10 minutes fast.

Is anyone else having this issue? I have turned the phone off several times and that corrects the issue, but then before I know it, the time is wrong again.

I have updated my profile and even tried updating the prl to see if this will fix the issue and it works at first but then the time is wrong again within a matter of minutes.

ROM
    Stock

Mine has been doing the same thing today

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

My time was wrong today too, had a 9am meeting and looked at my phone and it said it was 9:02 and then double checked my computer time and it was 8:54.

Put the phone in airplane mode then took it out of airplane mode and it seems to have helped, but currently it is still running 1 minute fast compared to my computer.

mine also . noticed this last nte when texting

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

The funny thing is, I have a Blackberry Bold and an HTC Evo and the Evo is showing the time off by about 6 minutes where I am. It has been like this all morning from what I have noticed.

Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Mine is fine. Using Navy Clock app (which gets a read from an atomic clock time server), I'm showing the network time as 15 seconds faster than the atomic clock, which seems typical from what I've seen. Usually am 15-30 seconds off; but not several minutes like the others here are reporting.
    "The Nexus 5 is such a big black slab of power that if you dropped it down in the middle of a pack of monkeys, they'd start using weapons." - Dirk Belligerent.
    Devices: 32GB Nexus 5, 16GB Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB Nexus 7, 16GB Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, HP TouchPad (CM7), Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch Long Name Phone, HTC EVO 4G, Palm Pre, 64GB 1st gen iPad WiFi

Mine is off by about 6-7 minutes as well.
    I just restarted it and it corrected itself, but I can't quite figure this one out...

Same here too, just rebooted the phone and all better now.

Default same here

Started sometime this early afternoon.
    5-10 minutes fast, then corrects itself, then goes 5-10 minutes ahead again.
    Reboot fixes temporarily, but speeds back up. Took battery out and that didn't work either.
    Checked settings and everything is correct. My wife has same phone and she isn't having this issue.

HTC Inspire 4G on AT&T.

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    ROM
    MikG w/Freedom

Weird I had the same thing a couple of hours ago. I just went to the time settings and took it off automatic and then turned it back on and all has been fine since.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    Haunted/Carbon 4.3 EVO 4G LTE

I just woke up to find my phone was also 10 minutes fast. I didn't notice a problem at all yesterday.

Mine started doing it yesterday afternoon and now this morning the same thing- 7 min fast.

Are these problems with just the HTC clock widget or the time in the status bar too?

Quote Originally Posted by illwood View Post
    Are these problems with just the HTC clock widget or the time in the status bar too?
    It is the time on the phone -- not just the widget.

Is this just related to EVOs? Mine is off by 12 minutes, what in the heck???

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

I'm ten minutes fast too.

Default Inspire too

Not just Evo.
    As I stated before, I have the HTC Inspire and it's doing it.
    Status Bar clock as well as the Widget.

Woke up 10 minutes early because of this plus it really
    screws the texting timestamp up with showing 10 minutes after the real time.

Frustrating!!!

I found the time on my phone off this AM as well...about 10 minutes...rebooted it and it reset to the proper time this morning and just noticed that it was ahead again by about 10 minutes. I just rebooted once again to see if it is something with Sprint's network or my phone.

Sprint, it sounds like you better get onto this problem as it started yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by yota265 View Post
    Weird I had the same thing a couple of hours ago. I just went to the time settings and took it off automatic and then turned it back on and all has been fine since.

I have been having the same problem as everyone else. HTC EVO about 10 minutes ahead. I turned off automatic setting and turned it back on and it reset to the correct time. We will see if it lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by apugh View Post
    I found the time on my phone off this AM as well...about 10 minutes...rebooted it and it reset to the proper time this morning and just noticed that it was ahead again by about 10 minutes. I just rebooted once again to see if it is something with Sprint's network or my phone.

Sprint, it sounds like you better get onto this problem as it started yesterday.
    It's been 30 minutes now and time has not shifted ahead...

Mines been doing the same thing on Verizon (sorry, not an Evo, Droid Eris). 10min fast. Tried rebooting, unchecking auto, and rechecking it. Both only temporarily fix it. Guess I'll have to switch over to manual. The wifes is just fine and we're both around the same tower.

I guess plus side is, I was actually on time for work this morning...
    Last edited by Stud Muffin; 05-27-2011 at 11:41 AM.

ROM
    unrooted

Anyone know a fix for this

Global Posts
    513 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bigpuma View Post
    I have been having the same problem as everyone else. HTC EVO about 10 minutes ahead. I turned off automatic setting and turned it back on and it reset to the correct time. We will see if it lasts.
    I just tried this and my phone reverted to the correct time. I guess it's similar to the location bug where you could be in CT but your phone thinks you're in Russia!

Yep, mine is 10min ahead....

Wasn't sure what automatic setting was refered to but turning the Evo off then on seemed to fix it. Took a minute or so after it rebooted....

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

It hasn't reoccured for me yet but all I did was turn on and off airplane mode. This was also happening on my fiance's Evo and it also hasn't reoccured.

Sent from my umm.. phone
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast