Mini Cooper Bluetooth not connecting with HTC Evo

aspen_matthews

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I have a 2011 Mini Cooper S with Bluetooth. I can pair my Evo, but almost immediately afterward, it disconnects. It shows it is paired but not connected. I have turned Bluetooth off/on in car and on phone, and sometimes it works, but very inconsistently. To doublecheck, I unpaired the phone and completely redid the whole thing, making sure to precisely follow all instructions in car and phone booklets. I have seen a similar complaint in other forums but no resolution. I don't know if there is just a problem with my type of phone for the car (although the Incredible apparently works just fine in Minis) or if I can download some software to help?

Please help, guys, I just paid a lot of money for this Bluetooth package in my car :(

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I have a 2011 Mini Cooper S with Bluetooth. I can pair my Evo, but almost immediately afterward, it disconnects. It shows it is paired but not connected. I have turned Bluetooth off/on in car and on phone, and sometimes it works, but very inconsistently. To doublecheck, I unpaired the phone and completely redid the whole thing, making sure to precisely follow all instructions in car and phone booklets. I have seen a similar complaint in other forums but no resolution. I don't know if there is just a problem with my type of phone for the car (although the Incredible apparently works just fine in Minis) or if I can download some software to help?

Please help, guys, I just paid a lot of money for this Bluetooth package in my car :(
Here's a thread that may offer some hope for you. My EVO connects with my CRV's NAV package without issue, I understand your desire to get it working. It's a beautiful thing... :D

MINI COOPER :: North American Motoring - HTC Evo and bluetooth

aspen_matthews

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I found that forum as well, thanks. I did private message the original poster on that thread and he did respond to me with a few ideas I'm going to try.

lromano3333

May 29, 2011
Visit site
evo pairing with mini cooper - found solution!

:)I found the solution somewhere on line. Just DO NOT select the option for connecting with your contact list (and don't check mark office). Since doing that my htc 4g evo has paired perfectly with the car's software. You will get a few notifications on your phone to connect with your contacts. You can either clear the notification (it will as at least twice) or just ignore it.

Len

aspen_matthews

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Okay, I hope you got yours working as well! I did use the info from online, I think it was the Sprint forums, to just not synch the phonebook. Apparently this is an issue with other types of cars with the Evo as well. Not perfect, but at least I can use the bluetooth. I usually just use the phone to dial from my phonebook, then talk in the car. I found I have to decline the phonebook fairly often, but if I ignore it when I get in the car it doesn't mess anything up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana