Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By theblizzard2009
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default After 10 minutes - There was a problem while playing. Touch to retry.

I have a problem when viewing videos using the YouTube app on my HTC EVO. I can watch 10 minutes of video then get the error There was a problem while playing. Touch to retry. This happens regardless of what video I watch, and regardless of 3G, 4G, etc. I unchecked High Quality on mobile, cleared the history, and the application version is 2.1.6. I have Android version 2.2 and have updated the firmware,
    profile, prl, and htc software and still have the same issue.

Im stuck, and really want to watch the hour long shows I like.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Trickle
    Banned

Global Posts
    189 Global Posts

over wifi problem too? maybe need to do factory wipe? could even try a data restore first.
    PyroDroids likes this.

Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean!

I have this same problem when I watch videos on YouTube. Luckily it only happens at the first few seconds though. And I get this problem regardless of what Rom I'm on. So a factory wipe might be a little extreme.

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    ROM
    EVODeck

this happens to me all the time when I'm streaming a podcast using the default streamer it will just stop saying there was an error. Annoying..though it only does this on cellular data.

Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock SGSIIE4GT

there are some threads open about streaming on the 3.70 update. if i find one ill post it here but basically contact Sprint Tech Support, theyll walk you through changing some things on your phone to bypass a Sprint server. Should make it somewhat better

Basically call sprint and get your msl # then email me and I can send you the instructions. My computer is down and cant remember what number to dial to be able to access the edit mode. I've had this problem and this will fix it. smhump@gmail.com
    Last edited by smhump; 06-01-2011 at 10:08 AM.

Global Posts
    405 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

The problem is that the update changed the proxy server so of course when streaming through a proxy, you’re going to have problems. Here is the fix:

Dial ##3282#
    Choose Edit Mode
    Enter MSL (Call Sprint to get this if you don’t have it already)
    Choose Advanced
    Change HTTP PD Proxy Port to: 0
    Change HTTP PD Proxy Address to: 0.0.0.0
    Last edited by reagan247; 06-01-2011 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Clarification
    Just a tweeting away... or doing art. Also, using my Dropbox to add files to my HTC Evo and Motorola Xoom!