[Official] Gingerbread on June 3

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
LOL why not? GB is much better in many areas then Froyo. Much improved Memory management and speed alone makes it a much better version of Android.

All ota OS updates I've done on all phones seems to slow them down and increase the reboot frequency...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

yibrushn

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
All ota OS updates I've done on all phones seems to slow them down and increase the reboot frequency...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

really? I though Froyo was MUCH faster than Eclair. could it be the mix of apps you have on your phone that is causing problems?
Also I've gone for up to 2 weeks with no reboots.

Brainerd

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
My guess is that the update will be released when Sprint's call center is fully staffed...in case there we any problems. Sprint's headquarters is in the central timezone. Full staffing might be at 8 central, perhaps?

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
There is an announcement on the official htc forum, where its posted that the update will include Sense 2.1.

Quote:
From what I've heard it will be Sense 2.1
EVO won't ever have Sense 3.0 because it's too large for the phone and was designed for tablets.
This will be Android 2.3.3 (I believe 2.3.4 is a Google specific version for their Nexus phones only.
It should not wipe apps and data but if you want to wait, I will post back here after I've done the update (or I'll add to the sticky) regarding that tomorrow after I update mine.

Not sure how accurate or official this is. :confused:

I don't think it's any more official than anyone else posting. Would be awesome if it does but I would wonder why it wouldn't be included in the Sprint released change log?

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
So based on a couple threads in this section it's going live. Rather than everyone posting whether or not they can/have/want to download, can we focus on those who have it installed and what they find as far as bugs, hidden additions/fixes etc???

sekao8

Jun 3, 2011
www.awoakes.com
It's only been out for thirty minutes, I got it downloaded and it's installing now. Might want to wait untill about 10/11 CDT to hear about bugs.

BTW if anyone has "No update found" popping up, turn your device off and then back on again

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
so now i'm updated with GB. i see that the HTC widget clock now does the flip animation. but i don't see any other HTC Sense changes. So i'm not sure if this is still Sense 2.0, Sense 2.0.X, or other. it does not appear to be Sense 2.1 and definitely not Sense 3.0 (as expected). how do i tell the exact version number?

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
1. the new cut and paste with pincers is nice!

2. it could just be my imagination but the browser font seems smaller.

3. Gmail menu seems slightly different too.

4. phone has been syncing forever post update.

5. "profile" widget disappeared. had to reinstall.

6. Sprint Nav is now TeleNav.

7. Long Press of power button gives you 3 options - Power Off, Airplane Mode, Restart.

8. Gmail icon in notifcation bar is new - small dull and grey.

9. QUICK timeout in text app when you are trying to input a name! TRY THIS!!!!!!!!!!! this is no good - list of names disappears quick! was this to be the "SMS bug" fix? - UPDATE - RESOLVED - was Texty/Texter Beta related - needed a simple unlink/link. SEE OTHER THREAD.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz