Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Quote Originally Posted by billgio View Post
    Xfinity TV app not showing up in the market for me now. Looks like it is a known 2.3 issue.
    it would be nice if you could watch TV on the EVO with that app. of course i'm sure it's more of a licensing/business/legal limitation vs. a technology limitation.

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Try using Home Manager from the market. I had the same problem with Go launcher. GO says to use this app if you can't get your launcher to " stick" ad your home launcher. Worked for me.

Works great! Thanks for the help

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

I don't think I've seen this mentioned yet. I am experiencing an issue with Astro File Manager. When selecting Network -> New -> SMB -> Astro Force Closes. This happens every time. I did perform a factory reset after installing the new OTA update. I have also uninstalled/reinstalled Astro File Manager, Astro SMB Module, and the Astro Pro Key.

Can anyone else verify this is an issue with Astro?

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by androidvirgin View Post
    nope, still the annoying out-of-date version with constant hidden word popups. AND now the new Select/Copy feature of Gingerbread covers up your word choice window when you go to edit a wrong word. great collaboration for a phone that "came" with Swype preinstalled.

my post GB update Swype version is listed as 2.50.72.20895.20925
    There's an option to check the hidden word window. I think it's the tip indicator. I haven't gotten the suggestion popup since. Also, a way to fix that popup scenario is to place the marker RIGHT beside it word and hit the i (swype) button. That auto selects the word and pops up suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by wstevens View Post
    I don't think I've seen this mentioned yet. I am experiencing an issue with Astro File Manager. When selecting Network -> New -> SMB -> Astro Force Closes. This happens every time. I did perform a factory reset after installing the new OTA update. I have also uninstalled/reinstalled Astro File Manager, Astro SMB Module, and the Astro Pro Key.

Can anyone else verify this is an issue with Astro?
    I can. Force closes for me, too.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by splmonster View Post
    The program may not support EVO GB 2.3, wouldn't be 2.3 in general. This happens, but the issues usually get fixed quickly.
    From what I could find it does not support any 2.3 devices yet.

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cmoore2004 View Post
    I can. Force closes for me, too.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk
    Thanks. I chose to send an email after one of the Force Closes. Hopefully the developer will update Astro soon with a fix.

Global Posts
    712 Global Posts

I'm updating my girls phone to GB...one question though. Does it wipe the phone? I'm hoping her information will remain.

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

It shouldn't, but I'd backup/sync everything just to be safe.

Global Posts
    712 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IIAspire View Post
    It shouldn't, but I'd backup/sync everything just to be safe.
    Doing so as I typed the question just to be on the safe side. Thanks!

Global Posts
    754 Global Posts

My "mail" icon is not updating with the unread count for my active sync account :-(

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Quis View Post
    Doing so as I typed the question just to be on the safe side. Thanks!
    no problem, hopefully everything goes smoothly for you!

Global Posts
    754 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kash76 View Post
    My "mail" icon is not updating with the unread count for my active sync account :-(

Specifically when I have notifications on the sense email client disabled. When I enable them, the counter works.

have not had time to read all the post so if this was mentioned i apologize the voice search feature on mine and my brothers phone will not pick up any audio keep saying no voice detected

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Blu View Post
    Display still using over 80% no matter what I do or don't do. Before the update, the display rarely used 5%. Everything else is using less of the battery. Why? Even a battery pull and restart doesn't make a difference. Display is using 84% while I'm doing nothing. Is anyone else having this issue at all?
    I just updated to GB today on my Evo. After reading the list on this thread, I too see this 80+ % display use of battery - even when the display is off! This was after a restart also. Prior to that I worked on the phone for a few hours with different things and saw a display use over 80 also even with it on 29% brightness. My battery seemed to run down way too fast also, but I cannot fully confirm that part.
    Loving my new SG3.
    Previously happy EVO 4G owner ..mostly..
    Acer A500
    Thankful for Android Central. It's how I learned about Android and dived into the deep end!

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

not sure if this was mentioned yet, but a small change I noticed is that the call history no longer shows the duration of the call...anyone else have this issue, or am I just overlooking an option somewhere?

ROM
    ThunderStick GENII

After update, 3g is back to being slow. Tried to ##data# and the phone"app" freezes. Have to home button or back button to get out of it. Does anyone know how to get back in and edit those HTTP settings?

Question never got answered, reposting from page 28:

Downloaded 2.3 OTA today, fairly happy with it, except now my weather app won't give weather unless I keep "Use wireless networks" enabled at all times. Previously, I could enable it once, refresh the weather, and turn it off, and my weather app would keep working. Is there a workaround for this? I love having my weather app but don't want to give out my wireless network info.

Is this a new feature designed by Google for data mining? A bugfix? The app is completely unusable without enabling wireless network data collection - I can't even get weather for other cities. I rather like the stock sense app, but I like my privacy more. I haven't seen anyone else answer or ask this question before.

New non-working app to add to the list.

Rock Player, opens, but will not play any files.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or not but I'm just hopping on here before work. My Evo now skips the entire 4g intro and goes straight to the home screen when booted up. I wouldn't usually have a problem with this but the entire phone stays dim and unusable for the time it would usually be booting up.

Anyone else having this happen since the update?
    Wow....My Asus tablet just Transformed into a netbook right before my eyes!

Quote Originally Posted by Primetimeplaya View Post
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or not but I'm just hopping on here before work. My Evo now skips the entire 4g intro and goes straight to the home screen when booted up. I wouldn't usually have a problem with this but the entire phone stays dim and unusable for the time it would usually be booting up.

Anyone else having this happen since the update?
    try holding power button down and then select "Restart".

Unhappy Search People App/Icon

I have a shortcut on my homescreen for "Search People". It still works and I can do a search of my apps and find "Search People" (contact silhouette with a magnifying glass) and open it but I can't find it in the App drawer or make a shortcut to it on a different home screen. My thought is if I were to accidentally delete the icon on my homescreen I wouldn't be able to get it back. I use this more then any other shortcut on my phone.

I've found this to be true on at least two other Evo's that have updated to Gingerbread. Anyone have a workaround to creating the shortcut?

Apologies for not going through 400+ posts but is this new? On the notifications screen, on the top right there is a "clear" button. Was that there prior to 2.3? I remember having to go into every event/item and delete manually, not sure

Quote Originally Posted by frankiepapa View Post
    Apologies for not going through 400+ posts but is this new? On the notifications screen, on the top right there is a "clear" button. Was that there prior to 2.3? I remember having to go into every event/item and delete manually, not sure
    Yes that has always been there.

Quote Originally Posted by craigf View Post
    Anyone seeing an issue where when you hit the Home button, you first get an HTC logo screen, then you see your home screen background with nothing and all the icons & widgets (slowly) repopulate? I know of at least 2 other people besides me who are seeing this somewhat frequently (maybe 5% of the time we go back to the Home screen).
    Hi Craig! I'm one of those 2 folks with this problem, as you may recall from another list. After the logo screen, I get a "loading" box while the stuff slowly repopulates.Most annoying!

That said, I haven't had this happen again since Saturday (not long after I updated) but it was happening rather a lot on Saturday. In my case, at any rate, it seemed to happen more often than not if I pressed the Home button while in Dolphin Browser. Not consistently, tho, and I try to press the back button if feasible, which doesn't seem to do this.

Cheers!

elaine
    charlottesville, VA
Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920 ... LastLast