- 06-06-2011, 08:39 AM #426
- 06-06-2011, 08:46 AM #427
- 06-06-2011, 08:56 AM #428
I have been having issues with the voice to text feature. When I try to send a text using the voice to text it won't "hear" what I am saying and keeps asking me to speak louder. I use that feature alot so it gets aggravating. I looked to see if there was any option to increase sensitivity but couldn't find anything.
- 06-06-2011, 09:06 AM #429"The OnePlus One is such a big black slab of power that if you dropped it down in the middle of a pack of monkeys, they'd start using weapons." - Dirk Belligerent.
Devices: 64GB OnePlus One, 32GB Nexus 5, 16GB Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, HP TouchPad (CM7)
- 06-06-2011, 09:54 AM #430
- 06-06-2011, 10:10 AM #431
- 06-06-2011, 10:12 AM #432
- 06-06-2011, 10:15 AM #433
- 06-06-2011, 10:32 AM #434
- 06-06-2011, 10:50 AM #435
- 46 Posts
I am not sure if this is a bug, but it is definitely different. When I was running 2.2 when I went into settings>accounts and sync I would have separate accounts for "Facebook" (I assume this was the app), and "Facebook for HTC sense".
Now on 2.3 I have an account for "Facebook for HTC sense" but when I try to add an account for the other "Facebook" the option is there but nothing happens when I press it. I can add Flickr, Qik, Skype, Twitter, etc. with no problems.
Anyone else seeing this? Thanks.
- 06-06-2011, 10:52 AM #436
- 06-06-2011, 11:05 AM #437
- 06-06-2011, 11:22 AM #438
I've got an issue I haven't seen mentioned. My Google Contacts and Calendar won't sync. I contacted Sprint support and they did lots of Profile, PRL updates, reset my Google account so I had to re-login, but it's still won't sync. I tried to delete the account to reinstall, but it requires a factory reset to do that, so I haven't yet. Anyone have any suggestions, short of a factory reset.
The Sprint support offered a 1 year update waiver on a new phone.
The tech support person said there have been a lot of bugs and that we will be getting another OTA update, but didn't know when.
Tech support also said the EVO 3D will be released on June 24.
- 06-06-2011, 11:41 AM #439Getting the 2.3.4 update soon is simply nothing more than rumor - and really makes no logical sense from a business standpoint. I work in QA and it would basically be stupid to push out a feature release one week after another feature release. That's just not how things work unless somebody at HTC just got fired.
(Q) Have anyone successfully gotten the features - Pocket mode and Flip for speaker to work.
- 06-06-2011, 11:50 AM #441
- 06-06-2011, 11:53 AM #442
- 23 Posts
Ok here we go, my first post.
I have read every entry in this thread and I have not had any problems at all with this update. All my apps work including Dropbox. The only thing I can suggest is that I always do my updates via wireless connection only. It seems to give me a more reliable download and install.
- 06-06-2011, 12:01 PM #443
I have as many others have mentioned the Pandora issue which was particularly frustrating on a road trip this weekend. I did notice Handcent updated today with a fix for the LED issue. A few things I have noticed:
1. The Application icons on the home screens missing (using generic Android icon) happened a few times only to apps inside of folders; however I think this may only be when using the new Reboot option as opposed to shutdown/restart. When I shutdown & restart all worked well with no issues.
2. Immediately after the update I went from 400+ contacts (from my gmail account) to well over 800 with lots of duplicates and also contacts that I deleted over 6 years ago (some honestly I do not remember having in my Gmail account). I was unable to fix this so I took the opportunity to Factory reset the phone and now all is back to normal with that
3. New Feature (I think) forward contact as Vcard is now an option.
4. Although the battery usage on Display is very high, my battery seems to be more efficient then before.
5. Stock mail app very slow. Switched my wife to Yahoo mail app from market.
6. Facebook videos now play
7. New notification bar icons and some fonts changed (I like them now)
8. Noticed WiFi reconnects much quicker then it did before (always fighting that on saved APs)
9. Found and love the Manage applications 'On SD Card' which ones can be and are not (helps greatly with memory management)
So far although some issues I think it is pretty
- 06-06-2011, 12:03 PM #444
- 06-06-2011, 12:33 PM #445
- 72 Posts
OK, along with icons showing up as the default android icon, text to speech on IMs not working, Netflix not working, I am getting the following error message displayed after each reboot:
"com.htc.bgp has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again".
Not sure what that message means or where it is coming from but its annoying that this and the other issues did not occur before the update.
- 06-06-2011, 12:34 PM #446
- 06-06-2011, 12:35 PM #447
- 06-06-2011, 12:40 PM #448
- 06-06-2011, 12:48 PM #449
I'm not sure if this is a problem from the update or not:
I just updated my EVO from wifi. It's a work "guest" wifi that required a web based sign on. After it updated I am no longer to connect to wifi. It does properly detect it and attempts to connect but cannot get an IP address from DHCP.
A soft reset did not fix the problem.
Is this issue related to the GB update?
- 06-06-2011, 01:11 PM #450