Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Global Posts
    154 Global Posts

Okay, this is a small thing (very small), but I noticed the boot animation is much smoother/faster. It always annoyed me for some reason that is seemed to play choppy (the sprint 4G video) LOL
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

Global Posts
    290 Global Posts

For the Netflix issue it says in the Description from the Market that it is only compatible with 2.2 for the EVO. The Nexus One and Nexus S are the only 2.3 supported phones at the moment. More then likely by the end of the weekend Netflix will release an update that has 2.3 support for the EVO.

Bug- When you turn off the phone with quick boot, the background zooms out and displays all home pages before shutting off.

(noticed that maybe in the script it calls for phone to hit home button in background which would explain why it's zooming out when you are already on home screen. Doesn't happen if you use sense.)

Bug- When you turn phone back on the screen comes back on and animation happens then goes to dull brightness instantly. I have to turn screen off and on again to get it to go back to regular screen brightness. Happens with both Sense and launcher pro.

^is definitely a bug, You can replicate it by turning off phone and turning it back on, it will come back dull. unlock phone and if you go into settings and go to screen and click brightness the slider is all the way to the right when i touch it again it or move it then the screen brightness comes back.

note: I'm using launcher pro plus.
    Last edited by 05 TypeS DC5; 06-03-2011 at 11:10 AM.
    Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4g > HTC Evo 3d> Galaxy S2> Sprint Galaxy S3> Tmobile Galaxy S3> Tmoble HTC One & Asus Transformer Pad Infiniti

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

There's obviously no gingerbread keyboard, which is unfortunate, but I found a great alternative in the market which looks exactly like the Nexus S one, etc.

Free one:

Paid one:

Not sure of the differences between the two.

I'm currently using the free one, looks excellent.
    Banned

Global Posts
    626 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonrando View Post
    There's obviously no gingerbread keyboard, which is unfortunate, but I found a great alternative in the market which looks exactly like the Nexus S one, etc.

Free one:

Paid one:

Not sure of the differences between the two.

I'm currently using the free one, looks excellent.
    I don't see the difference between stock and gingerbread keyboards...don't get the attraction either

Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5

Facebook for Sense won't upload pics, whereas Facebook for Android will.
    If you listen to heavy rock music, come hear the tunes at link below:
    http://www.reverbnation.com/darkblu

Settings>Appliications>Manage Applications= it shows Internal Storage used/free MBs

So far, only the Shoot Me app is no longer working. Must be rooted now

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

I personally think the keys are a bit short and wider and find it easier and more intuitive to type on.

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

Under "Battery Use" my display is also very high at 75%. Also, the "time on battery" at the top of the battery use screen seems to not be resetting. I've done a battery pull, put it on the charger, etc, and the time just keeps counting up. I assume it should reset to 0 minutes after a reboot or after being on the charger... but it is not.

Handcent LED no longer works after update.
    Brian

Follow me on Twitter @BrianAvallone

Netflix definitely not working with the 2.3 update. SlingPlayer works, but couldn't get Sirius XM to work.

Scratch that, Sirius is working!

streaming works much better. google music hasn't hiccuped once since i updated.

sense stock email app menu screen text smaller, cleaner looking.

also having the display takes up 80 percent battery thing...but the battery didn't seem to die any quicker than it had a few days ago.

Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5

Quote Originally Posted by jonrando View Post
    I personally think the keys are a bit short and wider and find it easier and more intuitive to type on.
    Downloaded the GB Keyboard and like it so far. Wish it had some skin choices.

I'm seeing the the rogue voicemail notification is coming back after reboot.

Also, when I double-tap a word in swype, I'm getting copy / paste dialogue instead of a word pick list. Is this a setting somewhere that I'm unable to find?
    - Sprint / Galaxy Note 2 user
    - Galaxy Note 10.1 user

Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5

Quote Originally Posted by wstevens View Post
    Under "Battery Use" my display is also very high at 75%. Also, the "time on battery" at the top of the battery use screen seems to not be resetting. I've done a battery pull, put it on the charger, etc, and the time just keeps counting up. I assume it should reset to 0 minutes after a reboot or after being on the charger... but it is not.
    Same here. I just noticed that the battery time isn't resetting after a battery pull too.

Pandora is working well for me. I too am seeing the large percentage of battery going to the display. My girlfriend's nexus s does this as well. I am thinking its just part of gingerbread.

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts

Default No wireless N

It would also appear that the wireless no longer supports N. I use to connect at 65mb/s but now it is 54.

Also, I'm finding that MobileIron isn't playing well with this update; I can no longer sync with my Exchange server.
    - Sprint / Galaxy Note 2 user
    - Galaxy Note 10.1 user

~Feature: Something cool, that may be new to GB is the "Pocket Mode" under sound settings. It increases the ring volume when phone is in pocket or a bag. Also, "Flip for Speaker" seems new, too!

~Feature: When selecting your input method, there is a box that pops up (more like an app icon) than just the box that poppep up previously

~Bug: My clock is stuck on 11:36AM (but will immediately change to the correc ttime) on the home screen widget. Ironically, 11:36AM is when I initialted the download.

~Bug: I have the screen drain battery issue.

~Unknown Category: The fonts for the "More" under GMAIL seem smaller. Also, the fonts in the "settings" for GMAIL seem smaller.

~Unknown Catergoy: There is now a graph for battery usage with some weird colored bars that mean something, but they overlap the text of what they are tryign to display.

All streaming apps working for me; sans Netflix.

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gelst View Post
    I noticed that Pandora is streaming one song and then it stops working on both WI-FI and 3g. I wonder if they changed the Proxy again like they did in last the patch that broke the steaming.. Anyone having problems with Pandora ?
    I am having the same problem with mine as well. It is getting quite frustrating.

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts

I was using fresh rom with froyo before and Google music did not stream songs. I would have to wait for it to finish downloading. With the new update the songs appear to stream fine though. I'm assuming this has something to do with the famous streaming problem.

~Feature: I also noticed there is now the option for "Group Message" under the stock SMS App.
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast