Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

The no Netlix thing sucks donkey. I watch it like 4 hours a day.

~Feature: I see you can enable "Animated GIFs" on the browser now, too.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #53  

Global Posts
    290 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeffro77 View Post
    I'm seeing the the rogue voicemail notification is coming back after reboot.

Also, when I double-tap a word in swype, I'm getting copy / paste dialogue instead of a word pick list. Is this a setting somewhere that I'm unable to find?
    Confirmed. My phone just randomly restarted after I tried to access my contacts and when it came back up I got another rouge voicemail notification.

ROM
    Stock 2.3

Text for Phone contacts, internet, Cleaner smaller, Clearer. The Touch Keyboard is GB but it is still skinned with Sense, (You can copy and paste easier, with the little green tab. pull-stretch to highlight. Faster Response time when texting, dialer, and Scrolling apps. The HTC Clock now does the flip when displays. I have better cell service then i did before because i hardly had it at my house before. The update did sign me out of Amazon app store, and Kindle. New SIP calling, (would really like a rundown on how to use), New storage use menu and different animation on bottom of screen displaying use. Fast boot is amazing. On SD Card you have the option to just check which app to automatically move to SD Card, very handy. Running Processes more detailed and organized. Tele Nav GPS is unnecessary but w/e. Oh and another Gem is POCKET MODE!! lol Smart HTC. Love it so far no issues.
    "The more sand that has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it." -Niccolo Machiavelli
    Thanked by 3:

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

How many of you that are experiencing all the bugs/issues with GB, are running it on a rooted device? Is there any difference on devices that have never been rooted?

~Bug: Actually it looks like my HTC Clock widget is an hour behind, all together, but promptly updates. Hrm...

Looks like it's time for a Hard reset.

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Default Kindle App

Feature in the Kindle app taken away - can no longer long-press on a word to show the pop up, which allows you to look up a word in the dictionary.

Also, the text look different, and any images, when they previously had been centered, for example, are now left aligned...like the app interprets the text incorrectly.

Global Posts
    820 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Things I've noticed (non-rooted EVO):

- Mobiledefense no longer works, gives force close messages, they're not supporting it since it's just a beta so I need to find a new app.
    - Internal memory went from 61mb free to 88 mb free after update
    - Display using 88% of battery
    - Application manager loads much faster since it doesn't seem to be calculating the memory of every app when you start it. Shows memory stats at the bottom.
    - List of apps on SD card now show which ones CAN be moved to SD card and aren't.
    - When restarting, non-HTC widgets now load much faster and don't have any that I have to reload manually.
    - Sucks that we didn't get a new Sense.

For those people just now getting the Telenav update, you don't need to pay extra to get the commute alerts. Just go to the web site and set them up.
    Kyo 6035 > Kyo 7135 > Palm 800W > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVOLTE > HTC One (M8) + EVO View 4G

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

When you use the volume button on the side to go up or down it now makes a sound per level. That's new right?
    Banned

Global Posts
    626 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 0REDSOX7 View Post
    ~Feature: Something cool, that may be new to GB is the "Pocket Mode" under sound settings. It increases the ring volume when phone is in pocket or a bag. Also, "Flip for Speaker" seems new, too!

~Feature: When selecting your input method, there is a box that pops up (more like an app icon) than just the box that poppep up previously

~Bug: My clock is stuck on 11:36AM (but will immediately change to the correc ttime) on the home screen widget. Ironically, 11:36AM is when I initialted the download.

~Bug: I have the screen drain battery issue.

~Unknown Category: The fonts for the "More" under GMAIL seem smaller. Also, the fonts in the "settings" for GMAIL seem smaller.

~Unknown Catergoy: There is now a graph for battery usage with some weird colored bars that mean something, but they overlap the text of what they are tryign to display.
    The battery percentage is just that...percentage. the rest of the phone is using LESS power, so the screen is using the most out of what is being used. e.g. It is using 80% of all the power being used...not 80% of the battery. Which, it will...It's a 4.3" screen!

Little things I've noticed:

-New icons in notification bar so far for Gmail and App Update available and completed
    -3G icon looks different but might just be me
    -New transitions when exiting apps
    -Download app
    -Browser changes - address bar different
    -Hold down power button has different options now

Quote Originally Posted by SierraJulietSierra View Post
    The Touch Keyboard is GB but it is still skinned with Sense, (You can copy and paste easier, with the little green tab. pull-stretch to highlight.
    This is a great catch... and one that several folks may be overlooking.

i noticed two things. first is AIM doesnt log in. did a reset and still no. just goes to signing in and stays there. also when loadin browser it goes to sprints homepage and not the powerdeck or what ever it is called.

Anyone else experiencing this?

After the update, my phone went to the default HTC scene, and didn't save my customized scene.

Also, the launcher bar is now stuck on the right side of the screen instead of the bottom, as if the home screen is in landscape mode. It also covers any icons or shortcuts on the right most side, and the phone button does not work.

Before you ask, no, my phone is not rooted.

edit: The update also seems to have broken visual voicemail as well.

The HTC Stocks widget has been updated. The $ change value was not readable because the percent change would wrap to the next line. The $ change value is now readable.

Global Posts
    646 Global Posts
    ROM
    Motorola Xoom Running ICS

I ran a quadrant benchmark and it is well below evo2.2 . Very strange it is supposed to go up not down with this update

I have noticed the 3G icon in the notification bar is a different font ( I think) and the notification for a completed market download has a different icon too! Small changes I know but changes nonetheless!

Global Posts
    335 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gregandtink View Post
    When you use the volume button on the side to go up or down it now makes a sound per level. That's new right?
    That has been there since 2.1.

ROM
    All devices rooted.

Default Unusable EVO now

Can't use my EVO after the update. It now won't accept my screen lock password. I have tried removing the battery, There doesn't seem to be a work around. I did notice that it isn't bringing up Bigbuttons keyboard, but rather (I guess) the default keyboard. Perhaps that is the problem, since I entered the password originally with bigbuttons?

Netflix seems broken with the EVO Gingerbread update... it no longer plays any content... FYI.

Doug

ROM
    Stock on most

Does anyone else have a goofy behavior in the browser address bar when you start typing something, it suggests a bunch of US, Chinese, Russian, etc. websites? I don't remember the previous one doing that, but maybe my recent history was pushing those down the stack. I'd love to clear that little database of crap site suggestions if possible. Anyone know how?

after i powered off and on i am noticing the clock widget "bug" (says ~1 hour before actual time and quickly flips to the current time). this just looks like a way to animate the flips every time you see the widget

Does anyone know if z4root will still work after the update? I still haven't received mine yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Averix View Post
    Does anyone else have a goofy behavior in the browser address bar when you start typing something, it suggests a bunch of US, Chinese, Russian, etc. websites? I don't remember the previous one doing that, but maybe my recent history was pushing those down the stack. I'd love to clear that little database of crap site suggestions if possible. Anyone know how?
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast