Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gre3n View Post
    Does anyone know if z4root will still work after the update? I still haven't received mine yet.
    I have not been able to get it to work since the update.

Does anybody know if the Gtalk app was updated? I remember correctly it should now allow video chat with GB

Doc
    EVO 4G

Update done.

Only 2 issues I found so far is AIM won't log in (Already mentioned) and all my saved Alarm Clocks (my get up for work alarms) were deleted, I had to reset them all

Dave
    Thanked by 2:

Seems I was wrong about the Google Voice voicemail issue... took about 20 minutes, then I got it again. Every other time it was instant. The voicemail notification is irritating.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Does anybody know if the Gtalk app was updated? I remember correctly it should now allow video chat with GB

Doc
    True. I'm guessing Google will update it through the Market. Hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by lgtsbr View Post
    Update done.

Only 2 issues I found so far is AIM won't log in (Already mentioned) and all my saved Alarm Clocks (my get up for work alarms) were deleted, I had to reset them all

Dave
    Thank you for noticing that! I wouldn't have realized that until I was late too work.

Doc
    I thought I read somewhere that GTalk video would only work with GB 2.3.4...
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #108  

Global Posts
    290 Global Posts

Doc
    From my understanding that feature comes with 2.3.4 and we all got 2.3.3 so it isn't available for us.

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

Jaysus is correct. Gtalk will only work with Android 2.3.4.

Appears that you can no longer set the alarm to play a song for wakeup.

Several functions of SwitchPro are no longer working.

wat is so driffent wit 2.3. i did the update and dont see anything new

>smgoma wrote :Appears that you can no longer set the alarm to play a song for wakeup.

I use Handcent sms and it allows you to go through that and then pick music.
    Steve M
    EVO 4G

Quote Originally Posted by foppa78 View Post
    Several functions of SwitchPro are no longer working.
    Extended Controls still works fine.
    Steve M
    EVO 4G
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #115  

Global Posts
    290 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dropndestroy View Post
    wat is so driffent wit 2.3. i did the update and dont see anything new
    Check the first post. I have been keeping it updated with what is new that we have discovered as well as issues with the upgrade.

If I have 2 emails in my exchange mailbox, check them via outlook, even if they are marked read in the mail clients, the icon still displays 2 new emails until another mail comes in......

Phone won't charge via USB after GB update. The amber light stays solid but level of charge stays the same. Charge works fine when plugged in to wall charger though. Also, after a while, phone will just shut off (at least the screen) with the amber light on top flashing, and I can't get the screen to turn back on

Anyone going through what I am? This is quite important as I'm on-call for work...thanks in advance!

Global Posts
    822 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by chinesinho View Post
    Phone won't charge via USB after GB update. The amber light stays solid but level of charge stays the same. Charge works fine when plugged in to wall charger though. Also, after a while, phone will just shut off (at least the screen) with the amber light on top flashing, and I can't get the screen to turn back on

Anyone going through what I am? This is quite important as I'm on-call for work...thanks in advance!
    Mine is charging fine either way. Is the battery indicator animated showing it's charging?
    Kyo 6035 > Kyo 7135 > Palm 800W > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVOLTE > HTC One (M8) + EVO View 4G

Quote Originally Posted by chinesinho View Post

I know this will sound silly, but it could be the charger or something that just went bad. Remember the USB cord doesn't pump out the amps that the wall charger will.

I always use the Battery Current widget in Elixir -- this will tell you what current your battery is charging at. Try adding this widget and plug into the wall and you will most likely see between 500 and 1000 mA, with the USB most likely below 500.

@NicksGarage: It does show it's charging but the green bar doesn't move.
    @Mikey47: You may be right. I'll look for that widget. Thanks!

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Has anybody powered the phone down and then back on again?
    Mine boots in literally 3 seconds now..??

edit: just discovered "fast boot"
    cool I guess
    Last edited by evo_lovehate; 06-03-2011 at 05:24 PM.

Yes It looks like Gingerbread killed 802.11n Could not connect to home router which is set to 802.11n only.
    Reset the router to mixed 802.11g and n and it connected.

Just updated!! My main problem I guess with Android is why not update to 2.3.4 so we can have video chat??? Always seems like non nexus users will always have old software smh.

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

Default EVO Shift?

I have the EVO Shift and I don't see the GB update available in the HTC Software update area. Has anyone else with the Shift updated? I hope it's just coming in a little while!

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theyams View Post
    I have the EVO Shift and I don't see the GB update available in the HTC Software update area. Has anyone else with the Shift updated? I hope it's just coming in a little while!
    EVO Shift != EVO
Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast