[Official] Gingerbread Update - Bugs, New Apps, etc.

Gelst

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I noticed that Pandora is streaming one song and then it stops working on both WI-FI and 3g. I wonder if they changed the Proxy again like they did in last the patch that broke the steaming.. Anyone having problems with Pandora ?

Kamen

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I started another thread for this, but figured I'd add it here too. Anyone having any luck with "push" notifications for Facebook when it comes to new wall posts, comments, etc. coming though as they are posted now that you are on GB? The Facebook app says push works on all 2.2+ devices which is anything higher then 2.2 to my understanding. So far it's a no go for me even after reinstalling the latest Facebook update on my phone.

Kamen

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I noticed that Pandora is streaming one song and then it stops working on both WI-FI and 3g. I wonder if they changed the Proxy again like they did in last the patch that broke the steaming.. Anyone having problems with Pandora ?

It works for me. There was like a 10 second pause between songs though.

ToddPsyD

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Okay, this is a small thing (very small), but I noticed the boot animation is much smoother/faster. It always annoyed me for some reason that is seemed to play choppy (the sprint 4G video) LOL

Kamen

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
For the Netflix issue it says in the Description from the Market that it is only compatible with 2.2 for the EVO. The Nexus One and Nexus S are the only 2.3 supported phones at the moment. More then likely by the end of the weekend Netflix will release an update that has 2.3 support for the EVO.

05 TypeS DC5

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Bug- When you turn off the phone with quick boot, the background zooms out and displays all home pages before shutting off.

(noticed that maybe in the script it calls for phone to hit home button in background which would explain why it's zooming out when you are already on home screen. Doesn't happen if you use sense.)

Bug- When you turn phone back on the screen comes back on and animation happens then goes to dull brightness instantly. I have to turn screen off and on again to get it to go back to regular screen brightness. Happens with both Sense and launcher pro.

^is definitely a bug, You can replicate it by turning off phone and turning it back on, it will come back dull. unlock phone and if you go into settings and go to screen and click brightness the slider is all the way to the right when i touch it again it or move it then the screen brightness comes back.

note: I'm using launcher pro plus.

Last edited:

mrpre5

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
There's obviously no gingerbread keyboard, which is unfortunate, but I found a great alternative in the market which looks exactly like the Nexus S one, etc.

Free one: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.moo.android.inputmethod.latin.free&feature=search_result

Paid one: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.moo.android.inputmethod.latin&feature=search_result

Not sure of the differences between the two.

I'm currently using the free one, looks excellent.

I don't see the difference between stock and gingerbread keyboards...don't get the attraction either

wstevens

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Under "Battery Use" my display is also very high at 75%. Also, the "time on battery" at the top of the battery use screen seems to not be resetting. I've done a battery pull, put it on the charger, etc, and the time just keeps counting up. I assume it should reset to 0 minutes after a reboot or after being on the charger... but it is not.

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
streaming works much better. google music hasn't hiccuped once since i updated.

sense stock email app menu screen text smaller, cleaner looking.

also having the display takes up 80 percent battery thing...but the battery didn't seem to die any quicker than it had a few days ago.