[Official] Gingerbread Update - Bugs, New Apps, etc.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Xfinity TV app not showing up in the market for me now. Looks like it is a known 2.3 issue.

it would be nice if you could watch TV on the EVO with that app. of course i'm sure it's more of a licensing/business/legal limitation vs. a technology limitation.

wstevens

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I don't think I've seen this mentioned yet. I am experiencing an issue with Astro File Manager. When selecting Network -> New -> SMB -> Astro Force Closes. This happens every time. I did perform a factory reset after installing the new OTA update. I have also uninstalled/reinstalled Astro File Manager, Astro SMB Module, and the Astro Pro Key.

Can anyone else verify this is an issue with Astro?

IIAspire

May 18, 2010
Visit site
nope, still the annoying out-of-date version with constant hidden word popups. AND now the new Select/Copy feature of Gingerbread covers up your word choice window when you go to edit a wrong word. great collaboration for a phone that "came" with Swype preinstalled.

my post GB update Swype version is listed as 2.50.72.20895.20925

There's an option to check the hidden word window. I think it's the tip indicator. I haven't gotten the suggestion popup since. Also, a way to fix that popup scenario is to place the marker RIGHT beside it word and hit the i (swype) button. That auto selects the word and pops up suggestions.

cmoore2004

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't think I've seen this mentioned yet. I am experiencing an issue with Astro File Manager. When selecting Network -> New -> SMB -> Astro Force Closes. This happens every time. I did perform a factory reset after installing the new OTA update. I have also uninstalled/reinstalled Astro File Manager, Astro SMB Module, and the Astro Pro Key.

Can anyone else verify this is an issue with Astro?

I can. Force closes for me, too.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Reactions: wstevens

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
I'm updating my girls phone to GB...one question though. Does it wipe the phone? I'm hoping her information will remain.

Kash76

May 17, 2010
Visit site
My "mail" icon is not updating with the unread count for my active sync account :-(

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk

Kash76

May 17, 2010
Visit site
My "mail" icon is not updating with the unread count for my active sync account :-(

Specifically when I have notifications on the sense email client disabled. When I enable them, the counter works.

anthonystu#AC

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
have not had time to read all the post so if this was mentioned i apologize the voice search feature on mine and my brothers phone will not pick up any audio keep saying no voice detected

jecilop

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Display still using over 80% no matter what I do or don't do. Before the update, the display rarely used 5%. Everything else is using less of the battery. Why? Even a battery pull and restart doesn't make a difference. Display is using 84% while I'm doing nothing. Is anyone else having this issue at all?
I just updated to GB today on my Evo. After reading the list on this thread, I too see this 80+ % display use of battery - even when the display is off! This was after a restart also. Prior to that I worked on the phone for a few hours with different things and saw a display use over 80 also even with it on 29% brightness. My battery seemed to run down way too fast also, but I cannot fully confirm that part.

bigvic13

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
not sure if this was mentioned yet, but a small change I noticed is that the call history no longer shows the duration of the call...anyone else have this issue, or am I just overlooking an option somewhere?

no1brett

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
After update, 3g is back to being slow. Tried to ##data# and the phone"app" freezes. Have to home button or back button to get out of it. Does anyone know how to get back in and edit those HTTP settings?

Franholio

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Question never got answered, reposting from page 28:

Downloaded 2.3 OTA today, fairly happy with it, except now my weather app won't give weather unless I keep "Use wireless networks" enabled at all times. Previously, I could enable it once, refresh the weather, and turn it off, and my weather app would keep working. Is there a workaround for this? I love having my weather app but don't want to give out my wireless network info.

Is this a new feature designed by Google for data mining? A bugfix? The app is completely unusable without enabling wireless network data collection - I can't even get weather for other cities. I rather like the stock sense app, but I like my privacy more. I haven't seen anyone else answer or ask this question before.

Primetimeplaya

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or not but I'm just hopping on here before work. My Evo now skips the entire 4g intro and goes straight to the home screen when booted up. I wouldn't usually have a problem with this but the entire phone stays dim and unusable for the time it would usually be booting up.

Anyone else having this happen since the update?