[Official] Gingerbread Update - Bugs, New Apps, etc.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or not but I'm just hopping on here before work. My Evo now skips the entire 4g intro and goes straight to the home screen when booted up. I wouldn't usually have a problem with this but the entire phone stays dim and unusable for the time it would usually be booting up.

Anyone else having this happen since the update?

try holding power button down and then select "Restart".

Cozzman2k

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Search People App/Icon

I have a shortcut on my homescreen for "Search People". It still works and I can do a search of my apps and find "Search People" (contact silhouette with a magnifying glass) and open it but I can't find it in the App drawer or make a shortcut to it on a different home screen. My thought is if I were to accidentally delete the icon on my homescreen I wouldn't be able to get it back. I use this more then any other shortcut on my phone.:-\

I've found this to be true on at least two other Evo's that have updated to Gingerbread. Anyone have a workaround to creating the shortcut?

frankiepapa

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Apologies for not going through 400+ posts but is this new? On the notifications screen, on the top right there is a "clear" button. Was that there prior to 2.3? I remember having to go into every event/item and delete manually, not sure

eppack

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Anyone seeing an issue where when you hit the Home button, you first get an HTC logo screen, then you see your home screen background with nothing and all the icons & widgets (slowly) repopulate? I know of at least 2 other people besides me who are seeing this somewhat frequently (maybe 5% of the time we go back to the Home screen).

Hi Craig! I'm one of those 2 folks with this problem, as you may recall from another list. After the logo screen, I get a "loading" box while the stuff slowly repopulates.Most annoying!

That said, I haven't had this happen again since Saturday (not long after I updated) but it was happening rather a lot on Saturday. In my case, at any rate, it seemed to happen more often than not if I pressed the Home button while in Dolphin Browser. Not consistently, tho, and I try to press the back button if feasible, which doesn't seem to do this.

Cheers!

elaine
charlottesville, VA

thomlanphear

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I have been having issues with the voice to text feature. When I try to send a text using the voice to text it won't "hear" what I am saying and keeps asking me to speak louder. I use that feature alot so it gets aggravating. I looked to see if there was any option to increase sensitivity but couldn't find anything.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have been having issues with the voice to text feature. When I try to send a text using the voice to text it won't "hear" what I am saying and keeps asking me to speak louder. I use that feature alot so it gets aggravating. I looked to see if there was any option to increase sensitivity but couldn't find anything.
I was trying to use Voice Search and while the screen was flashing indicating it was hearing sound, it never reacted. However, when I hit the mic option in the Goggle Search widget, it worked. Weird and annoying.

mech1164

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Personally I think most of the issues come from user error. I have had 0 issues, Netflix is that companies issue. They tweeted they were aware and working on a fix to make it compatible. I have also read a couple posts mentioned your paying $10 for 4G. Make sure you do some research, that charge is NOT for 4G. It's for premium data and gives us the unlimited data cap that no other carrier offers now.

I agree a lot of this is user error. That being said I still think this is a lil half baked. As far as the 10.00 unlimited. That is what it's being called now. When this phone came out. We were all told that it was for 4G service. What we have now has morphed so that everyone pays it now, 3G or 4G.

etnpnys

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Ok guys... Lets be realistic here. 1) Obviously this update (gingerbread) isn't complete as yet. 2) We are missing some features that was mention to be in gingerbread for the EVO. (especially the gingerbread keyboard) 3) Due to the volume of EVO users it seem that HTC in agreement with Sprint had decided to give us gingerbread version in two stages.

Play with the keyboards - they're multitouch enabled now. We don't have the black standard GB keyboard and we've never had the stock Android keyboard. As feedback on the Sense KB seems to be pretty much overwhelmingly positive, I bet HTC didn't care to give you the option as long as they gave you what you wanted most: multitouch.

Personally, I'm loving the changes that gingerbread have brought to my phone. The browser text field is smaller than it was before... that's cute. Notifications icon are smaller. Which I would say is a lot better than before. No update is bug free. Tweet, email or call either Sprint or HTC and let them know about any bugs that you've found... That's one of the main reason why they break down the update into two stages.

Getting the 2.3.4 update soon is simply nothing more than rumor - and really makes no logical sense from a business standpoint. I work in QA and it would basically be stupid to push out a feature release one week after another feature release. That's just not how things work unless somebody at HTC just got fired.

billgio

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I am not sure if this is a bug, but it is definitely different. When I was running 2.2 when I went into settings>accounts and sync I would have separate accounts for "Facebook" (I assume this was the app), and "Facebook for HTC sense".

Now on 2.3 I have an account for "Facebook for HTC sense" but when I try to add an account for the other "Facebook" the option is there but nothing happens when I press it. I can add Flickr, Qik, Skype, Twitter, etc. with no problems.

Anyone else seeing this? Thanks.

Ozualdo Cuevas

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I have an music player Mixing and since the upgrade the media picture id on the songs seen to be innapropiatly mix out. Hope fix for this bugs on some apps comes soon.

RonD

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I've got an issue I haven't seen mentioned. My Google Contacts and Calendar won't sync. I contacted Sprint support and they did lots of Profile, PRL updates, reset my Google account so I had to re-login, but it's still won't sync. I tried to delete the account to reinstall, but it requires a factory reset to do that, so I haven't yet. Anyone have any suggestions, short of a factory reset.

The Sprint support offered a 1 year update waiver on a new phone.

The tech support person said there have been a lot of bugs and that we will be getting another OTA update, but didn't know when.

Tech support also said the EVO 3D will be released on June 24.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Getting the 2.3.4 update soon is simply nothing more than rumor - and really makes no logical sense from a business standpoint. I work in QA and it would basically be stupid to push out a feature release one week after another feature release. That's just not how things work unless somebody at HTC just got fired.
Are you saying that this update (gingerbread) is all there is to it?

(Q) Have anyone successfully gotten the features - Pocket mode and Flip for speaker to work.

Kamen

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I am not sure if this is a bug, but it is definitely different. When I was running 2.2 when I went into settings>accounts and sync I would have separate accounts for "Facebook" (I assume this was the app), and "Facebook for HTC sense".

Now on 2.3 I have an account for "Facebook for HTC sense" but when I try to add an account for the other "Facebook" the option is there but nothing happens when I press it. I can add Flickr, Qik, Skype, Twitter, etc. with no problems.

Anyone else seeing this? Thanks.

This was there in 2.2 and functioned the same way. I double checked it on my wifes EVO before upgrading it to GB.

Reactions: billgio

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20