[Official] Gingerbread Update - Bugs, New Apps, etc.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
i think i found something new -

Menu--->Settings--->Sound---->POCKET MODE (increase ringer sound when in pocket or bag)

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Just to add to the clock being a hour behind issue, my daughters is actually behind 1 hour and 2 seconds exactly when it flips to the current time.

It never did this before, for the 1 comment that it's always been that way.

We've tinkered with DST and time zone settings and it makes no difference. Unlock and the clock is 1 hour and 2 seconds behind then flips to the current time.

It's actually quite a bit more annoying that I would have though it would be.

Otherwise, the first thing I noticed was how much faster it starts. And my daughter is getting tired of me messing with it. :D

i think they did this to constantly show off the animation. i find it very distracting and wish it could be turned off. i like the flip animation - but only for normal time progression.

Gelst

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
OK so I first posted Pandora was not working very well after the update. It still does not work and there are no updates as of yet. Since I have to listen to a radio at work I tried a few other apps that work with GB.

1. Slacker Radio seems to be working fine , every once in a while I will have to restart my phone after that it works again for a few hours.

2. Google Music, I was lucky enough to get a beta invite and that works just fine.

Hope this helps someone as I really like Pandora but I am starting to like Slacker Radio even more now. I also have the phantom Voice Mail problem and I can't check my messages , i'm not sure how to fix that problem. Overall every thing else seems to work ok on the EVO.

bobodobo

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else having battery issues? I thought GB was supposed to improve it, but mine got worse.
I think you'll get lots of different opinions here, but my battery life is WAY better with GB (I'm using the stock, rooted ROM). However, I updated my radios at the same time so that might be the reason rather than the Froyo to GB update.
GB should improve standby time...but if you are using your phone consistently, you should not notice any improvements.
That seems to be the case for me, the biggest improvement appears to be in battery life during idle time.

tschwenke

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Having Exchange Calendar issues only... I delete from Outlook and it doesn't delete on the phone. When I add an appointment, it is added instantly, moving something doesn't appear to work either.

I have an odd setup, but it has always worked fine.
(Lotus Domino Server 8.5.x, Outlook with DAMO client, Traveler on the server. Activesync connection has always been fine to get mail/cal. I do contacts different as I loose pictures)

JKTex

May 2, 2011
Visit site
i think they did this to constantly show off the animation. i find it very distracting and wish it could be turned off. i like the flip animation - but only for normal time progression.

I would hope no one was that goofy. I don't see any value in it being this way on purpose. Even the animation flip is annoying because depending on what you're doing, it has to catch up vs. displaying the correct time as it activates.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I would hope no one was that goofy. I don't see any value in it being this way on purpose. Even the animation flip is annoying because depending on what you're doing, it has to catch up vs. displaying the correct time as it activates.

what's odd is that now suddenly it's only 2 minutes behind - not the 1 hour and 2 minutes for the animation catch up. i checked and i am still on 3G. the 2 minutes is not so bad.

(i thought maybe WIFI or 4G would change the system origin time - but again - i'm on 3G both times so that's a moot point.)

EDIT - suddenly it's back to 1 hour and 2 minutes!

saleen2002

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
hey every one, other the the issues in the first few pages. i noticed today that from the home screen when i press the "button" to the left of the phone for "all apps". it will go to that app screen no problem. but the bottom dock that display will not hide itself. is there a setting i am missing or is this another issue with 2.3.3 ? any one else experiencing this ?thanks

putertech

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Screen Fade/Animation??

"+Turning on the screen now fades in instead of just popping on."

My screen works the same when I turn it off, is there a trick to this?

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
+Turning on the screen now fades in instead of just popping on."

My screen works the same when I turn it off, is there a trick to this?

I thought I was the only one not seeing this. Hmm! We could continue to write about all the problems we now have since updating to gingerbread. What's the good in this really? Contact HTC or Sprint and let them know about the issue you're experiencing. (Constant pop-up voicemail notification, and so forth)

Keep in mind that bugs are not app related. Any issue with any application from the Market has to be fixed/updated by the developer of that app. The reason why most apps aren't working might have to do with compatibility with some applications & the gingerbread version.

chrisevo

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Right now my biggest complaint is that Pandora won't work. It plays one song and then stalls or dies all together. Takes forever to play the next song after the one I'm listening to finishes. Other than that, the standby battery time is significantly better, as is the battery life when using the GPS. When using 4g and/or wireless I'm not seeing much difference in battery life there. Also noticed the voice issue when connected to car via bluetooth as well.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I thought I was the only one not seeing this. Hmm! We could continue to write about all the problems we now have since updating to gingerbread. What's the good in this really? Contact HTC or Sprint and let them know about the issue you're experiencing. (Constant pop-up voicemail notification, and so forth)

Keep in mind that bugs are not app related. Any issue with any application from the Market has to be fixed/updated by the developer of that app. The reason why most apps aren't working might have to do with compatibility with some applications & the gingerbread version.

But it is smart when doing any kind of OS upgrade to do a fresh wipe of the device. Usually fixes most issues. It's been the most recommended thing by Google and the AC crew. Heck when I do the same with Windows and my other devices whenever i'm doing a OS upgrade.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Pre-install app like YouTube seem to now have been affected by a bug. A member had posted an issue that they were experiencing while trying to get a specific video to play. I'm now seeing and experiencing the same exact thing. Wow... You search for the music video you want - then tap to play, and another music video starts to play. Some crazy crazy stuff happening with gingerbread.

The cursor bouncing all over the place... I just got off the phone with Sprint and let them know about these happenings since the recent update.

As for Pondara not playing as it were before... I'm sure the developer of this app are aware of what's happening by now. You could also drop them a message via Email. (Available on the app page on the market)