[Poll] So, how you liking Gingerbread so far?

What do you think about the Gingerbread update?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
A couple of visual changes I like, but I'm not necessarily liking that that lock code entry screen was changed from its translucent/dark scheme to resemble other keypads. I guess I can live with it if the other improvements are well worth it. I was also glad to see the stock browser updated to move the stop/reload button out of the address bar. It'll probably take a few recharge cycles to judge whether battery life has truly improved, but so far it looks promising even with the quick dissolves exiting most apps.

are you talking about the PIN pad lock? i wish they got rid of the "OK/Enter" requirement after entering the PIN.

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Where is the new GB keyboard? I still have the Touch Input that I have always had.

You probably won't get it unless you find a stock GB keyboard apk to flash.

I don't remember HTC ever giving the EVO the stock android keyboard. I usually switch between the HTC_IME MOD (no arrows and programmable long press time) and Swype.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
You probably won't get it unless you find a stock GB keyboard apk to flash.

I don't remember HTC ever giving the EVO the stock android keyboard. I usually switch between the HTC_IME MOD (no arrows and programmable long press time) and Swype.

I thought that it was part of the update?

Jaysus

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
It is not there,unless it is named "Touch Input", and that keyboard hasn't changed. I did find the .apk for GB keyboard, so I do have it now, but it is not part of the update.

Isn't Touch just what HTC calls their Sense keyboard? With the new Touch input you can copy and paste easier, with the little green tab and pull-stretch to highlight... I believe that those are GB keyboard features.

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Isn't Touch just what HTC calls their Sense keyboard? With the new Touch input you can copy and paste easier, with the little green tab and pull-stretch to highlight... I believe that those are GB keyboard features.

Those are GB features for text fields, but they are not keyboard dependent as they are still there when I use Swype, the old HTC_IME MOD (from Froyo), Swiftkey X Beta, and so on. . . (on CM7).

charlibob

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
A couple of visual changes I like, but I'm not necessarily liking that that lock code entry screen was changed from its translucent/dark scheme to resemble other keypads. I guess I can live with it if the other improvements are well worth it. I was also glad to see the stock browser updated to move the stop/reload button out of the address bar. It'll probably take a few recharge cycles to judge whether battery life has truly improved, but so far it looks promising even with the quick dissolves exiting most apps.
After the update, my EVO won't accept my old pin, rendering the whole thing unusable.

JERAVICIOUS

May 16, 2010
Visit site
So far I'm not as trilled as I was with the Froyo update. Gingerbread isn't too much of a leap as Froyo was to Eclair. The new graphics on the icons are cool, internet browser is more refined to me. One thing I noticed like a lot of people are experiencing is that you need to sign in to almost everything that requires a login. For example youtube, gmail, etc. I don't remember if other updates made us do that but that is my only big complaint. I sure hope it resolves the issues that is mentioned for the Gingerbread update like improving battery life. I guess I'll find out in the next few hours or days. Oh one last thing, the start up animation got faster and seems smoother, I guess that's cool...hah!

smokin221

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
i love the start up and shut down that has drastically improved and with 4g and gps turned off and other things like auto brightness and whatnot i had over 16 hours and still had over 75% battery now i didnt use it the whole time basically but wow ill see if it reproduces same effect also i got my evo with froyo on it so i dont know about that upgrade

SDHarleydad

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Well I have had the update on my phone for about 40 hours. My EVO is stock, running mainly the way it came out of the box with a few apps added. It took the update smoothly with no hang ups. The battery life is better, the camera tweaks are awesome. The one and only issue I had was Pandora. so I uninstalled it and then reinstalled. Works great now. Sorry so many of you had issues!

jerseygirl

May 18, 2010
Visit site
For the most part I like the update...battery life seems better, the scrolling is smoother, I can watch youtube in HQ without it taking forever to load. What's annoying is that my phone still randomly restarts or just acts buggy every now and then which may or may not having anything to do with the update and of course I hate that Netflix isn't working for now and I can't find Tv.com in the Market either, guess it's not compatible.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
It's like having 'Sex' two seconds of mind blowing orgasm then the fun ends. (For guys that is) lmfao. :D

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
For the most part I like the update...battery life seems better, the scrolling is smoother, I can watch youtube in HQ without it taking forever to load. What's annoying is that my phone still randomly restarts or just acts buggy every now and then which may or may not having anything to do with the update and of course I hate that Netflix isn't working for now and I can't find Tv.com in the Market either, guess it's not compatible.
Yes it is compatible & works fine. Here is the link: http://market.android.com/details?id=com.rhythmnewmedia.tvdotcom.

You're welcome :D

Kevin_G_Sanchez

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
Gingerbread doesn't have big updates but it is better then nothing. I do love all the additions that they have added so I am a happy camper.