ANY CHANCE of someone hardwiring more GIGS of memory into the EVO?

mushedroom#AC

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
in this hacker filled world where the ben hecks of the world can take a ps3 and shove it into a small briefcase,
there HAS TO BE some individual out there that's capable of hardwiring a 2-4GB boost in memory into the EVO.
?
yes?
no?
any chance of taking a crappy 2-4GB chip out of an older htc parts phone and soldering it into the spot where the CRAPTACULARLY small existing factory stock memory is now?

i'm juss sayin

i love my phone
ESPECIALLY after the gingerbread bump
but i hate that i have no room whatsoever!

mushedroom#AC

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
actually
i don't know what happened.
i just DELETED all of my sms messages and for some odd reason now i only have 4MB of internal left
when just an hour ago i had 44mb...
any insight?

Unibrow

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem as the OP, moving the apps to the SD card only helps so much. Constant low memory problems.

My solution, and this may not be yours, was for me to flash CM7. I have a plethora of internal space now. I can even partition sd card space as well but I haven't delved into that yet.

mushedroom#AC

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Move your apps to the SD card?

It can be done i suppose, but youd need to modify the software also.

hey i had a quick question.
so i have the evo unrevoked root.
i followed your step by step for gb 2.3 and radios
and everything was fine
i then deleted all my sms messages thinking that it would give me more internal memory but instead it dropped down from 60 to 14mb
then eventually down to 4mb
i even uninstalled a ton of big mb apps and my internal memory would not increase
my phone then wouldn't work cuz of low memory
so i had to wipe again
and redo the process.

now i have less apps and only 50mb of internal
and i have moved all apps to my sd card.

ugh
soooo frustrating
any help would be great
i'm worried that maybe i got some worm or bug or something that's eating up all my internal mem?

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
hey i had a quick question.
so i have the evo unrevoked root.
i followed your step by step for gb 2.3 and radios
and everything was fine
i then deleted all my sms messages thinking that it would give me more internal memory but instead it dropped down from 60 to 14mb
then eventually down to 4mb
i even uninstalled a ton of big mb apps and my internal memory would not increase
my phone then wouldn't work cuz of low memory
so i had to wipe again
and redo the process.

now i have less apps and only 50mb of internal
and i have moved all apps to my sd card.

ugh
soooo frustrating
any help would be great
i'm worried that maybe i got some worm or bug or something that's eating up all my internal mem?

Post in the guide thread, thanks. Btw, there is no worms or virus's for android as of now (as long as you arent using funky chinese apps :p )

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
So what you neglected to mention in your first post and saw in another is that you are rooted.
Now more importantly what ROM are you on?

Your low memory issues could be coming from the size of ROM you are on and SDEXT partition size as well as apps2sd working properly.

I never understand why rooted people post problems in the regular forum rather then the rooted subforum. You gotta realize you are on a totally diff scenario that non rooted people will have no clue how to help you.

mushedroom#AC

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
So what you neglected to mention in your first post and saw in another is that you are rooted.
Now more importantly what ROM are you on?

Your low memory issues could be coming from the size of ROM you are on and SDEXT partition size as well as apps2sd working properly.

I never understand why rooted people post problems in the regular forum rather then the rooted subforum. You gotta realize you are on a totally diff scenario that non rooted people will have no clue how to help you.

sorry about that. i'm a NOOOB on here so please excuse my posting ignorance.
i have an EVO which is rooted and using the unrevoked set up. i don't know about what rom (i think it's "unrevoked"?)
and i do use apps2sd
can you help me with partition sizing suggestions?
thank you!
I MOSTLY only take photos, surf web, watch netflix (even though it's not working now), play games and that's about it.

thank you!