Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default My 2011 Hyundai elantra won't pair with my evo after gingerbread!

    So I recently bought a 2011 Hyundai elantra with Bluetooth capability. It worked absolutely perfectly before the update but now, it seems like it won't download my phonebook anymore. It will connect so that I can hit the contact I want and dial them phone the phone, but I can't say ... "Call; home; yes ". It's really wired ... I have tryed everything , deleteing the pairing on the phone, on the car, re pairing the two ... Nothing works ....

    This makes me sad

    Anyone have any ideas

    ~~life is just evoliscious!~~
  2. #2  

    Default

    Our 2011 Hyundai Tucson would freeze up if I agreed to share the phone book with the car. So, with Froyo, I would always decline that option. With Gingerbread, my EVO works and I still decline the phone book sharing. I accepted the request once, and nothing seemed to happen.

    It is a real bummer that the phone does not sync properly with our cars. I think it's more of an Android, and perhaps HTC Android, issue. My wife's BB works well, and I know folks with fruit phones that report that it functions properly.

    I share your pain.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default

    Yeah I am glad to see someone shares my pain...well not glad... But.... Ya know...

    Anyway the wierd thing is it worked like a dream before the update ? No problems ... EVER ... But now ...its so frusterating

    ~~life is just evoliscious!~~
  4. #4  

    Default

    Try pairing it with a new Elantra at the dealer...
  5. #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by netcub View Post
    Try pairing it with a new Elantra at the dealer...
    Good thoughts, but unfortunately....
    The new Elantra's at the dealer are 2012 models. I believe it's a complete redesign of the car. So, the electronics package is probably different than the one in the OP's car.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brainerd View Post
    Good thoughts, but unfortunately....
    The new Elantra's at the dealer are 2012 models. I believe it's a complete redesign of the car. So, the electronics package is probably different than the one in the OP's car.
    Actually the Elantras that are out right now r to 2011 , they came out like two months ago --I know late right ... The 2012's that r out are the redesigned accents.

    Take it from someone who loves Hyundai owns a 2010 & 2011 elantra

    ~~life is just evoliscious!~~
  7. #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaJ415 View Post
    Actually the Elantras that are out right now r to 2011 , they came out like two months ago --I know late right ... The 2012's that r out are the redesigned accents.

    Take it from someone who loves Hyundai owns a 2010 & 2011 elantra

    ~~life is just evoliscious!~~
    I went to the Hyundai Web site and they are listing the 2012 model, so I assumed that was the 1st year of the redesign.

    That means you have one of the "new ones." Yee-ha! Mileage is supposed to get up to 40 mph on the highway. How's it going for you? I sat in one at the auto show last year. We needed more room so we got the Tucson, but I still drive my 2002 Elantra. 136000 miles and still going strong. We probably will "turn it into" a Elantra or Sonata in a couple years.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Indeed

    Quote Originally Posted by Brainerd View Post
    I went to the Hyundai Web site and they are listing the 2012 model, so I assumed that was the 1st year of the redesign.

    That means you have one of the "new ones." Yee-ha! Mileage is supposed to get up to 40 mph on the highway. How's it going for you? I sat in one at the auto show last year. We needed more room so we got the Tucson, but I still drive my 2002 Elantra. 136000 miles and still going strong. We probably will "turn it into" a Elantra or Sonata in a couple years.
    Yeah I got the sexy hotness of a redesigned Elantra. I absolutely Love it. Yes it is true you can get 40 mpg or even better, but thats in ideal conditions. I commute every day in gridlock and it KILLS my mileage. I still usually get above 30, and i sorta dont really care, the car to too sexy looking for words lol.

    The 2012's are DEFINATELY not at the dealers yet because the 11's only got to the jealers in January. They are actually hard to find cars because everyone wants the increased fuel economy. Supply can not keep up with demand.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default

    ~~life is just evoliscious!~~
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My 2011 Hyundai elantra won't pair with my evo after gingerbread!-uploadfromtaptalk1307719868799.jpg  
  10. #10  

    Default

    Sweet ride.
  11. #11  

    Default

    Um, my question is this:

    Why is this thread listed as "HTC Evo 3D Forums - My Evo 3D won't pair with my car -- any suggestions?" on the homepage?

    To be honest, I only came here cause I saw that little line of text and said to myself "um, the Evo 3D isn't out yet, how the heck is he having pairing problems with a non launched phoned?" lol.
  12. #12  
    djkleric's Avatar

    Posts
    176 Posts
    ROM
    Stock ATM

    Default

    I have a 2011 elantra and I do not have a problem pairing my evo. The only problem I have sometimes is getting the voice action to work properly if I am streaming audio via bluetooth. other than that I love it. I got the car in april and I have over 4000 miles on it. I average about 35 mpg combined city/hwy.
  13. #13  

    Default

    oddly this is making me want an Elantra really really badly XD
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default

    There is nothing regarding a evo 3d in this forum.

    This is about the fact that a brand frigging new car (as described above) is having pairing issues. I don't have to apologize to having a new car.

    Sooooooo yeah ixnay with u commentsay

    ~~life is just evoliscious!~~
  15. #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaJ415 View Post
    There is nothing regarding a evo 3d in this forum.

    This is about the fact that a brand frigging new car (as described above) is having pairing issues. I don't have to apologize to having a new car.

    Sooooooo yeah ixnay with u commentsay

    ~~life is just evoliscious!~~
    was only asking cause the homepage had this thread linked, and didn't know how someone could have gotten ahold of an Evo 3D to even be able to have pairing issues, so I simply asked if anyone knew why. And who said anything about apologizing for having a new car?
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by djkleric View Post
    I have a 2011 elantra and I do not have a problem pairing my evo. The only problem I have sometimes is getting the voice action to work properly if I am streaming audio via bluetooth. other than that I love it. I got the car in april and I have over 4000 miles on it. I average about 35 mpg combined city/hwy.
    I know i have just about 2k I got mine like a month ago...I just made my first payment lol. It was super perfect before ....and not to mention I love the car .... And all ofa sudden my voice recognition doesn't work .... I hit the green button say call, then try to save the name and it just sorta .....blanks out and then goes back to my XM . Love the car otherwise ...like love is an understatement.


    ~~life is just evoliscious!~~
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HikariNoKitsune View Post
    was only asking cause the homepage had this thread linked, and didn't know how someone could have gotten ahold of an Evo 3D to even be able to have pairing issues, so I simply asked if anyone knew why. And who said anything about apologizing for having a new car?
    As I said there is absolutely NOTHING ABOUT AND EVO 3D ! CHECK THE TITLE DUDE... IT SAYS EVO AFTER GINGERBREAD ....

    Helooooooo..let's all chill out here

    I'm glad ur thinking about an elantra, they r beautiful Eco cars.

    ~~life is just evoliscious!~~
    Last edited by DonnaJ415; 06-10-2011 at 07:17 PM.
  18. #18  
    S_C_B's Avatar

    Posts
    137 Posts
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    ROM
    Almost always stock.

    Default

    That's why I love my Ford Sync. It just works!!

    At one point, it did say Evo 3D. Either the Twitter post or the title. That's why I came in this thread.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

    Default

    The title hasn't been edited and its in the evo 4g forum ...perhaps something got criss crossed on Twitter. I've been on this forum since practically launch and its favorited on my tapatalk. Never ever would I refer to this thread as evo 3d. Especially since I would not waste my money on such IMHO is a negligable improvement.

    At least not now that my Samsung galazy tab 10.1 is on its way

    ~~life is just evoliscious!~~
  20. #20  

    Default Re: My 2011 Hyundai elantra won't pair with my evo after gingerbr

    I have a 2012 Hyundai Elantra. I paired my wifes Sprint EVO(non-gingerbread to it with no problem at first. Contacts too! Then one day it would not work. It will pair, but wont connect. It will no longer stream music either. I tried my EVO with gingerbread and it would not work either. I took it to dealer who could not get it to work. It would not work on another elantra on the lot as well. Others phones work, pair, and connect just fine. I'm at a loss to explain why it worked and now it doesnt.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: My 2011 Hyundai elantra won't pair with my evo after gingerbr

    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaJ415 View Post
    So I recently bought a 2011 Hyundai elantra with Bluetooth capability. It worked absolutely perfectly before the update but now, it seems like it won't download my phonebook anymore. It will connect so that I can hit the contact I want and dial them phone the phone, but I can't say ... "Call; home; yes ". It's really wired ... I have tryed everything , deleteing the pairing on the phone, on the car, re pairing the two ... Nothing works ....

    This makes me sad

    Anyone have any ideas

    ~~life is just evoliscious!~~
    I have a 2012 Hyundai Elantra. I paired my wifes Sprint EVO(non-gingerbread to it with no problem at first. Contacts too! Then one day it would not work. It will pair, but wont connect. It will no longer stream music either. I tried my EVO with gingerbread and it would not work either. I took it to dealer who could not get it to work. It would not work on another elantra on the lot as well. Others phones work, pair, and connect just fine. I'm at a loss to explain why it worked and now it doesnt.
  22. #22  
    lornaevo's Avatar

    Posts
    613 Posts
    Global Posts
    870 Global Posts
    ROM
    Decks

    Default Re: My 2011 Hyundai elantra won't pair with my evo after gingerbr

    I have a 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe and my evo with gingerbread pairs and connects with no problems whatsoever. That's strange that you guys are having problems.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: My 2011 Hyundai elantra won't pair with my evo after gingerbr

    have a 2012 elantra and samsung infuse 4g and I can get them paired and connected but everytime I leave the vehicle and come back I have to reconnect useing my phone. Any suggestions'

Posting Permissions