A little Gem I found

SierraJulietSierra

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I was getting ready to Call sprint and Ask for My Gold Premier status back. Dialed *2 and Low and behold on my Evo was a menu similar to Sprint Zone. Looking through i discovered it trouble shoots everything on my device including storage, radios, camera, and my Account. It was a little eerie seeing that Everything was labled down to memory used up by pictures and media. needless to say it was handy to see that all the Green lights were on and My phone is operational. Also the batter usage utility is very interesting it has a choice to select where it will automatically switch settings to converse life. After messing around with this i finally selected updating Prl and profile, then called sprint to which the Representative very helpfully bumped my Status... She did say in wouldn't be back up to gold till july 12th Don't understand that but I can't wait for the 3D. Try it out dial *2 and mess around And let me know if it takes anyone else almost a month for them to give me back my Gold Premier Status.

usafsp

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Pretty cool...I dialed *2 and it DID work for me. Took me to the Sprint Zone but showed all the other neat features.
Thanks for the info!

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Ya so here I sit at work and I dial *2 and it dialed Sprint.....I take it as a rooted Evo owner I cant access this secret area?

has nothing to do with being rooted, but has all to do with the ROM you are on.
If you are on a ROM that has sprintzone and or sense removed, it will not work.

Nate79

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Mine doesn't really tell me anything that Sprint Zone doesn't except notices about PRL and Profile updates and status of my voice and data connection. Where do I find all the other info that the OP mentioned like camera info, battery, memory, etc?

SierraJulietSierra

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Mine doesn't really tell me anything that Sprint Zone doesn't except notices about PRL and Profile updates and status of my voice and data connection. Where do I find all the other info that the OP mentioned like camera info, battery, memory, etc?

Go to the Very Bottom its under Diagnostics, There Is Power Configuration and More Diagnostics, it's under More Diagnostics. Displays Info and can take you to settings and/or you can test aspects of your phone. Note: I am not rooted running the 2.3 update. Have had issues to with Reboot loop but now i haven't had one in a while... I have tried duplicating the scenarios where i did loop and had to Hard reset, but all seems good. Too bad I've already lost saved texts, games, apps, websites, time from my life, like 6 times. I commend Sprint for there Excellent customer service and Dedication to their phones.

Reactions: Nate79

Nate79

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
It must be a new thing with the 2.3 update. I haven't updated yet, I'm still on 2.2. There is no Diagnostics section on mine. Other than Profile and PRL it really is pretty much a mirror image of the Sprint Zone app. Maybe that also explains why it keeps saying that there is a Profile Update available. Thanks for explaining it to me though!

denisew1972

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Very cool, something mine also did was send me a text message that said " //voice check " everytime I went to *2. Anyone know what that is? All the diagnostics were pretty cool, I especially took note of the battery consumption area.... Interesting.

Wizzums#AC

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Interestingly enough, when I go to the "More Diagnostics" screen and scroll down, it gets to the "Internal Device Storage" area, shows how much used/free space I have and then hangs.

I'm unable to scroll down further, but I can see the scroll bar is stuck at about the halfway point of the page. I then get the force close popup, asking me to shut it down or wait. I tried waiting for a few minutes but nothing changed.

Also, like denisew1972, I get a "//voice check" text message whenever I go to *2.

Edit > After messing around with the Sprint Zone app mentioned above, I minimized it and went about my normal business. I opened up Handcent and saw the two "//voice check" messages from earlier and long-pressed on the convo to remove it. Tapped "delete" and hit the home button. Then my problems began.

I set the phone down for a moment to finish composing an email. When I picked it back up, it was completely unresponsive. The power button wouldn't even work. I figured I'd give it a few minutes before pulling the battery. The screen FINALLY came to life after about 6 minutes of nothing. I was greeted with a force close for my messaging app. I tapped force close, the screen "refreshed" itself and now it appears as though everything is back to normal. Except I don't have a notification bar. I'll see where a restart gets me.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech