Who Is Getting the EVO vs Nexus One,Incredible Or iPhone 4G ?

Who is Getting the Evo or ?????

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jstew10

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
As a Sprint customer, there is no contest. Oddly enough, Sprint is the only carrier that gets good reception at my home, so I don't have much of a choice (hence my Palm Pre, although webOS was a very pleasant surprise). If Verizon worked for me I'd be holding my pre-ordered Incredible right now. As it is, the Evo is my only choice but one I'm happy to accept. Even with the N1 coming to Sprint, I'd rather have the amazing specs of the Evo over the stripped-down speed of the N1.

ro1224

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for clarifying that. I get just crazy with all the nonsense about the so often mislabeled iPhone being a 4G device. Simply put some people just don't have a clue as to the difference between a 4G capable phone and the 4th Generation of a phone (shamelessly billed as "4G" in the case of the iPhone). Of course, it does seem as if Apple is riding the wave on this one and doing nothing to correct the misunderstanding. I can't wait to see all the upset people who buy the 4th Gen iPhone expecting it to support 4G data speeds. Ha-ha.

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
i really want the evo but really dont want to switch back to sprint to get it my reception wasnt that great plus etf is just to high with verizon if i could hack it to run on verizons network id be all over it

You can always add a Sprint Airave (fem-to-cell) and always have 5 bars at your home or office.

gabato

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Holding Out for the EVO 4G

I am holding out for the EVO 4G. I sort of wish it had a optical joy stick or track ball though.

Burt Reynolds

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Living and working in Sprint's "4G" footprint (Portland and Seattle), the EVO seems like a no-brainer. Bestest-mostest-fastest. But since it hasn't actually been introduced yet, who knows. Maybe it'll have unforseen issues. Glad I'm on contract 'til October so I can make an actual informed decision.

jair

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Evo or Incredible :-\

I went to the verizon store test the incredible and it feels, looks, and runs very nicely. There are few things that stopped me to switch right there:

1. in regular mode the keyboard is smaller than the iphone so I may need to get use to it to start typing faster without much mistakes typing in other letters because they are all way too close to each other.

2. the way how you open the back of the phone, it make it feel little "cheap" and also might wear out and just start falling... I heard there is a warranty thought...

3. the sensor thing (similar to the ball that N1 and Blackberries have) in the front hmmm don't really get it yet?

4. does not support 4G

Besides that it is quick, looks beautiful, the screen is gorgeous and HTC sense add an elegant smart touch to the linux base Android OS =)

So I will wait to hold and try the Evo then I will make my decision =)

But thinking about the Evo...

yazman666

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
IM going for the evo for sure but there are only two things holding up...first the whole issue about dvices with sense getting new updates (like the hts hero it;s still running 1.5
) and the ability to turn sense off and on if the case is u cannot torn it off i'll probably still get it but not sure if i want to stick to the same interfac the whole time as a former my touch 3g user i was constantly switching themes and skins...

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
IM going for the evo for sure but there are only two things holding up...first the whole issue about dvices with sense getting new updates (like the hts hero it;s still running 1.5
) and the ability to turn sense off and on if the case is u cannot torn it off i'll probably still get it but not sure if i want to stick to the same interfac the whole time as a former my touch 3g user i was constantly switching themes and skins...

So is the Moment, which is Vanilla. Its a Carrier thing, not a manufacturer thing.

Night Train

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
It all depends.

If the N1 or even the HTC Incredible show up within the next week or two or three, I might go for one of those. If they wait until May, I'm going to just hold out until the Evo comes out. What's not to like about that 4G phone?
I said that almost a month ago and as it turned out, they waited almost until May.

I'm waiting for the Evo. I will go down and play with the Incredible today just to see what it feels like and how it operates. In my neck of the woods according to that website that shows a graphic representation of signal strength among the 4 leading carriers, Sprint has the strongest of all in terms of data and signal strength.

That along with the fact that I live in a 4G town makes it a no-brainer as to which phone I'm getting.

giper54

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
I said that almost a month ago and as it turned out, they waited almost until May.

I'm waiting for the Evo. I will go down and play with the Incredible today just to see what it feels like and how it operates. In my neck of the woods according to that website that shows a graphic representation of signal strength among the 4 leading carriers, Sprint has the strongest of all in terms of data and signal strength.

That along with the fact that I live in a 4G town makes it a no-brainer as to which phone I'm getting.

Do you have the web address for the website that shows the graphic representation for signal strength amoung the 4 carriers.

anon(19803)

May 1, 2010
Visit site

I know a while ago that I was waiting for the Evo, at least since it was originally rumored as the Supersonic. My upgrade (on Sprint) is July 1... gotta love being "Premier". I just wish Toledo had 4G. I realize its not a huge city, but there are several locales in Ohio that could benefit from it...

bobstudent3

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I got an Incredible (was waiting for the Desire, but no go in the U.S. yet), but this is why I'm only signing up for 1 year plans from now on.

Also, I'm moving to an area where there will never be any hope of 4G on any network soon. I'd definitely get an Evo if I was going to live in a nice metropolitan area.

Are there really any real advantages to an Evo over an Incredible if you can't get 4G?