Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Gingerbread Fixes -Maintenance Release

Just got off the phone with HTC Support re the death of 802.11n on my Evo They said a maintenance
    release for "Gingerbread Fixes" will be pushed within 24 - 48 hours. When asked what fixes the rep said he had no idea. Keep your fingers crossed!

Cool. Fingers are crossed...on both hands!

I won't hold my breath but I'll hope very hard

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 9

Quote Originally Posted by Brainerd View Post
    Cool. Fingers are crossed...on both hands!
    You're talented, both hands with fingers crossed and being able to type...now that's multi-tasking! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by asd216 View Post
    You're talented, both hands with fingers crossed and being able to type...now that's multi-tasking! Lol
    My thumbs were still free.

hoping what the rep said is true. *fingers crossed*

Global Posts
    694 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

Damn it i'm getting sick of updates because that means i'll have to update like 15 peoples evo that I have rooted for them.

Well after a hard reset my phone gets worse everyday. Hopefully the update fixes all that was broken. If not, rooting community here I come. Was worried about breaking my phone if I was to root it. Since Sprint was nice enough to break it for me I guess I don't have to worry about that any longer.
    Droid Monster

Global Posts
    748 Global Posts

I'll believe it when I see it.
    Live long, Rock hard
    Best in the World

Global Posts
    398 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cutlassracer View Post
    Hopefully the update fixes all that was broken. If not, rooting community here I come.
    That's basically where I stand also. I actually came into the forums right now to start researching my options...

Global Posts
    551 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 on the Nook Color

Well after a hard reset my phone gets worse everyday. Hopefully the update fixes all that was broken. If not, rooting community here I come. Was worried about breaking my phone if I was to root it. Since Sprint was nice enough to break it for me I guess I don't have to worry about that any longer.
    I'm rooted and flashed the OTA rooted version, and I had some big problems at first. Sense kept rebooting after I'd close an app, which was totally annoying, however, with each batt pull or reboot, things have settled down.

So, join the root community.
    Rockin' the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note II & the Hisense Sero 7 Pro!

1. factory reset with manual sync of data and manual reinstall of all apps one by one.
    2. turn off "fast boot" permanently.
    Banned

Global Posts
    626 Global Posts

I'm still on Froyo. Will wait until the maintenance release comes out and see if it actually fixes things. If it does, then I'll get GB. I have it; I just haven't flashed it over yet.

Honestly I unrooted and did this update because I know I am ditching my Evo next week.
    I have yet to see any bug with GB. I have tested all the major stuff and works same as it always did in froyo. My phone is a little boring and plain looking now, but it works function wise %100
    You guys wanna complain about bugs. . . . root and start testing the plethora of roms out there. You will then know what bugs really are. lol
    Thanked by:

I have a few of the problems reported in the Official GB Update thread. Other than that, things have been pretty quite even after I did the Factory Reset Option. The only problems I have now are primarily the Sense reboots, voice to text Compass issues and a couple of GPS issues.

That said, the main ones that I need to have fixed are the GPS and Compass issues since I use my EVO a lot with these two functions with the hiking and other outdoor activities I do.

For now, I will wait for the update and see if it fixes my remaining issues. If not I am back on the rooting band wagon with my EVO. Fist phone in a long time that I haven't rooted.

Global Posts
    1,188 Global Posts
    ROM
    Never Stock

Quote Originally Posted by PM-Performance View Post
    Honestly I unrooted and did this update because I know I am ditching my Evo next week.
    I have yet to see any bug with GB. I have tested all the major stuff and works same as it always did in froyo. My phone is a little boring and plain looking now, but it works function wise %100
    You guys wanna complain about bugs. . . . root and start testing the plethora of roms out there. You will then know what bugs really are. lol
    At least the ROM developers tell you what the main bugs are before you flash the ROM. I have run just about every ROM out there on my EVO and don't recall a single one of them that had as many issues as this GB update has. Sure there are the BETA ROMs but those are expected to be full of bugs. However, there are so many solid non-BETA ROMs out there that just work! It's nice to have options...
    -Stay thirsty my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by PM-Performance View Post
    And there's the other side of the coin. But I did download clockwork and super user earlier. Guess that tells you where I'm leaning. I had to call Sprint yesterday. I came across a prl thread and needed msl's. Asked about GB update. Nothing scheduled, but if I'd like, I can go to a Sprint store and have 2.3 removed.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Nothing scheduled, but if I'd like, I can go to a Sprint store and have 2.3 removed.
    I went to 3 corporate owned Sprint stores and each told me they're not able to roll back to 2.2 or remove 2.3.

Global Posts
    2,073 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by bcappell View Post
    Just got off the phone with HTC Support re the death of 802.11n on my Evo They said a maintenance
    release for "Gingerbread Fixes" will be pushed within 24 - 48 hours. When asked what fixes the rep said he had no idea. Keep your fingers crossed!
    Just spoke to HTC tech support. She verified mainttenace release, but said that there was no timeframe.

Would be nice if the left hand knew what the right hand was doing from time to time. Might stop some confusion. Sorry, common sense kicking in. I'll shut up now.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Not unlikely. An update is inevitable. When? The day when it hits.

After doing a reset.. I'm only having issues with the "infamous ghost notification" (voicemail) , and the "fast boot" (working when it has a mind to)

ROM
    Decks Reloaded,RebelROM

It's coming June 20th

Last edited by tube517; 06-15-2011 at 07:30 PM.
    TOSHIBA Thrive Pio's Team Baked BlackBean 4.1.2 ROM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 1 (i717) CM11 4.4.2 kitkat (jamied)
    Samsung GalaxyTab 3 (7 in) Deleterious ROM
    HTC EVO 4G Deck's Reloaded ROM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (i317) unlocked Ditto Note 3.1.1 (4.3) ROM
    B&N Nook Color (Gifted to relative)
    Samsung Galaxy Prevail Half A$$ed ROM
    EVO Shift JellyBelly ROM
    Samsung Galaxy S3 DanKang 4.3.1 ROM

23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    It's coming June 20th

They didn't waste any time now did they!

Global Posts
    378 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS

word..about time

Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5

Quote Originally Posted by hopefulfarm View Post
    I'm rooted and flashed the OTA rooted version, and I had some big problems at first. Sense kept rebooting after I'd close an app, which was totally annoying, however, with each batt pull or reboot, things have settled down.

So, join the root community.
    Sense did the same thing to me after closing apps. Installed Launcher Pro and no more soft reboots. Forget Sense. Launcher Pro rules!! Let's hope the June 20th doesn't introduce more bugs. I'm not trying to buy a new phone. This one had better keep working for a while.
    If you listen to heavy rock music, come hear the tunes at link below:
    http://www.reverbnation.com/darkblu
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast