mail app error

billregehr

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday my mail app "broke". I now get the message "The application Mail (process com.HTC.android.mail) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." Only option is to Force Close. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
If its stock there and your not rooted thats tough. You may have to go into applications and mail then clear all data. You will loose all info in your mail boxes and have to set them up from scratch.

If its 3rd party. I would uninstall it, go to market and download and install from scratch. Then start to set up mail boxes and see what happens.

Either way sounds like something has gone corrupt in the data files and is causing fore close.

User One

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Even if it's stock, I recommend deleting account then adding again. All your mail should re-load.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk.

billregehr

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
It is stock. Sounds like deleting account is the simplest solution. I was / am concerned that the app itself is corrupted. Not familiar with the 'rooted' terminology. Since it is my work system synched from an Exchange server, am hoping that clearing acct info will not affect data / email on the server.