One POP3 mail copying itself to Gmail. WT....?

vnmous1

May 14, 2010
Visit site
OK, I'm sure I'll hear the AOL comments so fire away............................Now that that's out of everyone's system here's a question to which I can't find an answer searching here or other forums:

3 accounts on my Evo (stock, Gingerbread)-

My work Exchange Activesync account.
Gmail.
AOL. (there's that snickering again!)

I rarely get anything on my Gmail account, but occasionally I'll find ALL the mail from my AOL inbox on my Gmail account. It never happens with my EAS/work account but that's understandable.

When the mail is found in the Gmail inbox, you can't delete it. It basically acts as though it's not even there....yet it's quite visible and you can tap on it and read it. Just can't delete it.

So, the only way to get rid of it is to kill either AOL or Gmail and re-install it. Even if I kill AOL and reinstall....once it's repopulated all the AOL folders, I can go over to Gmail and all that rogue mail is no longer there.

If I kill Gmail, I can reinstall it and again, all is good.

Thoughts? It only happens once in a while, and it's just a little annoying more than a major deal....but it shouldn't be happening.

Thanks for any ideas, help, links I may have missed.

bj

yota265

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
If this is with the stock email app. I was having the same problem. And did the same thing you did to get it fixed. Would like to see if there is fix for this also

yota265

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Before I rooted my phone I just installed the separate email apps and didn't have the problem any more but mine were with Gmail and Yahoo.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21