missing Launcher pro plus

mikiemike

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
A couple of days after the OTA my phone turned on like usual, not fast boot even though it was set, and no launcher pro. I restatred, nothing; uninstalled, reinstalled....nothing. I'm sure there is a really simple fix to get it up and running again, and I'm probably over thinking it. So how do I get Launcher pro to come up again?

Thanks in advance,

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Did you try installing it and tapping the home button and setting it as you default launcher?

Decks Rom Rules, Other Roms Drool!!! :p
Thanks for tryin!!!

mikiemike

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Did you try installing it and tapping the home button and setting it as you default launcher?

Thanks for tryin!!!
Yeah I did, and that's the puzzling part. It just doesn't seem to come up at all. Any other suggestions? I would like to see this running again

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I did, and that's the puzzling part. It just doesn't seem to come up at all. Any other suggestions? I would like to see this running again

Couple quick questions....

After you download and install it, does it show up in your applications manager??? Menu-> Settings-> Applications-> Manage Applications...

Are you using the free version or the paid version???

Do other 3rd party launchers still work right??? Try downloading a few others and see if they work.

Do me a favor... just check to make sure you have the update. Menu-> Settings-> About Phone..... again just to make sure.

Other ideas.... have you tried doing a factor rest??? I know its kind of a pain with out being rooted, but from what I've read around the forums its seamed to help a few people out with the new update.

If a factory rest doesn't work.... maybe try emailing the dev and see if anyone else is experiencing a similar issue.

I'm assuming your not rooted??? Maybe a trip to your local Sprint store.

Reading from you op that even though you have your eVo set to "fastboot" and its still going through a full boot instead of just a soft boot(fast boot) your update may not have been 100% clean.

Try a hard reset like I suggested above, redownload/install Launcher Pro again. See if that works.
Thanks for tryin!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: mikiemike

jlewis

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
my Launcher Pro disappeared

I've been running Launcher Pro for a long time (paid version). I installed the OTA Gingerbread update 2 days ago - no problems at all. As I've been scanning the forum I've seen several suggestions to turn OFF the Fastboot option. This morning I did that, turned off the phone, turned it back on -- and no more Launcher Pro!

I turned Fastboot back on, but it did not matter. The phone would only boot to the stock launcher. My Applications listing still showed LP, but I could not figure out how to launch it. (under menu > applications)

Then I went to menu>applications>all apps and scrolled down to HTC Sense. On HTC Sense I hit "clear defaults", backed out to the main launcher screen and hit the Home icon. Presto -- Launcher Pro was back!

I tried again with Fastboot OFF, and this time it came up w/ Launcher Pro right away. So far, clearing the default data under HTC Sense SEEMS to have resolved the problem.

mikiemike

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Couple quick questions....

After you download and install it, does it show up in your applications manager??? Menu-> Settings-> Applications-> Manage Applications...

Are you using the free version or the paid version???

Do other 3rd party launchers still work right??? Try downloading a few others and see if they work.

Do me a favor... just check to make sure you have the update. Menu-> Settings-> About Phone..... again just to make sure.

Other ideas.... have you tried doing a factor rest??? I know its kind of a pain with out being rooted, but from what I've read around the forums its seamed to help a few people out with the new update.

If a factory rest doesn't work.... maybe try emailing the dev and see if anyone else is experiencing a similar issue.

I'm assuming your not rooted??? Maybe a trip to your local Sprint store.

Reading from you op that even though you have your eVo set to "fastboot" and its still going through a full boot instead of just a soft boot(fast boot) your update may not have been 100% clean.

Try a hard reset like I suggested above, redownload/install Launcher Pro again. See if that works.
Thanks for tryin!!!
I posted this last night but I guess it didn't make it to the forum. Thanks for the suggestions but it was an "overthinking it" problem. As suggested below the fix was to go into applications>managment>HTC sense>clear defaults. I also DL'd "Home Switcher" which worked well but I wanted to figure it out for my self and that was what I came up with.

Once again thanks for the quick responses everybody, this has got to be the best forum out there, just glad to be a member.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12