Just noticed a traffic widget

dagold99

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I think you put where you want to go into Destination. It will than show you the directions and how long it will take to get there when it is green. So I guess you can check the traffic before you drive to work.

Brandito

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else notice it using quite a bit of gps time?

Might just be when you witch to the screen it sits on. Hoping it's not a battery drain, I really like it otherwise.

If it's part of the latest maps update hopefully they tweak it to update less frequently or allow us to set the update frequency. A little more control would be nice! It'd also be super intelligent if they let you then navigate to the destination in the widget when you tap it. As of now it just shows the traffic map of your vicinity, doesn't even show the destination on the map, so clicking it is mildly useless.

I have some faith in the googles though, hopefully they'll update this little gem!

edit: btw if anyone was wondering, i can confirm it's part of the latest maps update, just uninstalled the update and the widget was gone. Surprised they didn't mention it in the change log.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad