3G/4G Icons ?

justinsaneeeee

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
I was just wondering if when your in a 4G area it will say 4G on the phone and when your in a 3G area is switches and says 3G. I know stupid question but it is a curious one in that fact.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I saw an icon for 4G, but considering 2.1 doesn't natively support 4G, it could very well have been a photoshop... or HTC already figured out how to patch it... or they have 2.x whatever froyo will be.

justinsaneeeee

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
I was just curious, It would be very nice if they did have 3G in 3G areas, 4G in 4G areas and 1X in non 3G areas or something but yea im sure there gonna do something like 1XEV,WM or WX witch is stupid i believe

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I have actually seen in one wideo both senerious if its on 3g iw will say EV and if its on 4G it has a new icon that looks like the current wifi icon and says 4G undearneath the wifi icon but ya it definatelly does say 4G.

bdizzel1982

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I saw an icon for 4G, but considering 2.1 doesn't natively support 4G, it could very well have been a photoshop... or HTC already figured out how to patch it... or they have 2.x whatever froyo will be.

What do you mean it doesn't support 4G? At the conference when they announced the EVO they were using it over 4G and its running Android 2.1 update 1 same as the nexus?

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
What do you mean it doesn't support 4G? At the conference when they announced the EVO they were using it over 4G and its running Android 2.1 update 1 same as the nexus?

Natively, 2.1 doesn't support either LTE or WiMax. I remember seeing the widget with 4G, but i don't remember the status bar actually showing 4G. It may have, but i was under the impression they were still working on a patch.

bdizzel1982

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

justinsaneeeee

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
i see that, thanks for pointing that out .. lets hope they dont last min change things and take the icon off because i cant stand that 1x 1X 1XEV 1xev icons.

Kimcheenation

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Evo 4g icon

This is the 4G icon I'm getting in between the GPS and reception bar icons when I turn on 4G. I'm in North Jersey where I'm not even supposed to be getting 4G so I don't have any answers, one day I just wanted to try and turn it on to see if anything happens and it pick up 4G signal. I usually get about 2 bars and around 1805 to 2701 kbps download and 1020 to 1054 kbps upload on 4G, not the 3-6 mbps 4G is supposed to run at. So, don't know if they are testing in my area but I'll take whatever I can since I'm paying for it ($10 prem charge). I did notice on someone else's EVO their 4G icon looks different from mines and is located on the far left. Does anyone know why?

Raf

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
This is the 4G icon I'm getting in between the GPS and reception bar icons when I turn on 4G. I'm in North Jersey where I'm not even supposed to be getting 4G so I don't have any answers, one day I just wanted to try and turn it on to see if anything happens and it pick up 4G signal. I usually get about 2 bars and around 1805 to 2701 kbps download and 1020 to 1054 kbps upload on 4G, not the 3-6 mbps 4G is supposed to run at. So, don't know if they are testing in my area but I'll take whatever I can since I'm paying for it ($10 prem charge). I did notice on someone else's EVO their 4G icon looks different from mines and is located on the far left. Does anyone know why?

Man...that second one is odd. I've never seen it show up that way for my Evo or my wife's. Anyone else care to chime in on why that other 4G icon is showing on the far left corner of the screen and why it looks slightly different, specifically adding an exclamation mark?

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Man...that second one is odd. I've never seen it show up that way for my Evo or my wife's. Anyone else care to chime in on why that other 4G icon is showing on the far left corner of the screen and why it looks slightly different, specifically adding an exclamation mark?

This is quite an old post (April) but to answer your question ... The 4G icon on the far left indicates that 4G is available ( But your NOT running on it ) ... The Middle 4G Icon means that your actually running on the 4G network. ;)

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
No offense to anyone, but I'm always amazed that people can find posts this old, but they can't find ones on the second page at times. ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12