Does the EVO have a LED Notification?

Mitalis

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Greetings,

New user here at Android Central, frequent visitor at PreCentral.net

Ever since the announcement of the HTC EVO 4G, I've decided to jump ship from WebOS to Android.

The specs of the HTC EVO 4G look amazing however, the one concern I have is whether or not it has LED Notification for when you have a missed call/text message/email.

Does anybody know if this phone will include that? Been going through the videos on YouTUbe and I haven't seen any indication it will or any mention of it.

Thanks in advance,

- Mitalis

donald.aleshire

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Yes there is one in the upper left corner of the ear piece, I am not for sure if there is another one in the upper right hand corner as well. Hopefully there is, or that you can change the colors of them like you can on a blackberry (with an app of course).

hockey4life0099

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
same boat as you, also from precentral. this phone is too awesome to stay with a webos phone, unless htc buys palms and makes a webos superphone.

donald.aleshire

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
haha I am from PreCentral too but I gave up on the Pre months back and switched back to BB after much arguing lol. I love webOS, it was awesome, and it would be cool if HTC bought them.

dwhitman

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Little bit spooky how many Precentral regulars showing up here; I'm one too.

The message for Palm is that they need a hardware refresh REALLY SOON, or they will be roadkill. Early adopters are what drives mindshare of gadgets, and it's looking like a big chunk of the Pre release day early adopters are about to jump to the Evo when it's released. At which point Palm will need to survive for an entire year until we come up for a new phone again and they have a window to sell us something.

gotthelife4u

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I too am a Pre user. I cannot wait to dump my pre and get this phone. I don't have to many complaints about the pre, but I do agree with many of you that palm needs to get something or they are toast.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I asked this question too. I have a sprint hero after coming from a pre. To my knowledge all Android phones to date have led notifications. My question was color customization as the hero is the only one out that cannot due to the use of only 3 colors (it may only be 2). Green for notifications, Orange for charging/ battery low, and maybe a red, but I haven't seen it. It also doesn't respond to programs that try to change from green to Orange. My guess is that we'll see the full spectrum, but I would also like a confirmation.

donald.aleshire

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I think you are right on target rufflez. The video (or maybe still photo) I saw from my memory showed a green LED in the top left corner. It would be nice if you can switch these around. On my BB now, I have so many different colors set up for email, text, missed call, facebook, twitter, etc that is its easy to look at the phone from a distance and tell what my alert is. Customization is awesome to have!

I hope they do add something like this, but if they don't, it is not going to sway me away from this phone one bit. lol

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Me neither, is not something I'm giving up, just something I'm a little jealous that my sister's MyTouch 3G does, and Brother-In-Law's G1 does. They swayed me to the wats of Android... even if they are stuck in 1.6 land, its still better than 1.5 for some. I'm running 2.1, so I'm already familiar with the OS. Kinda stoked about the other features. The market I'm moving to after I graduate doesn't have 4G, but the next city South of it does. I hope they move it north, but even if I can only use 3G, this is still a hell of a device. I have to pay out of pocket as I'm not the primary number on the account, so thats what I have to wait on.

JohnnyKat

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Another early adopter Pre owner here and I can't wait for the EVO!

One of the big cries from the Pre Defenders (even still to this day) is "you should have researched the phone before you bought it"

It's nice to be able to use this forum to get answers about the OS and "basic" features sometimes taken for granted! (who would think a Palm device wouldn't notify you from day one!??!)

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
The Moment is one Android device that doesnt have an led.

Really, I thought it did. Oh well. To tell you the truth, I've never seen a moment. First one I saw was the dummy plastic display at a radio shack. It had a worse slider than my Pre, so I hope it was just that it was a display.

donald.aleshire

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
This video does point out that the LED light is in the upper left corner but does not say if its multicolor or not

YouTube - HTC Evo 4G from Sprint hands on

Ya that looks like the charging light (green) in that video, that was the one I was thinking of earlier. I hope there is another on in the opposite corner of the phones ear piece or you have the option to change colors on the LED itself. We shall c in time!

But atleast it has a working LED...unlike Palm lol

bdizzel1982

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Ya that looks like the charging light (green) in that video, that was the one I was thinking of earlier. I hope there is another on in the opposite corner of the phones ear piece or you have the option to change colors on the LED itself. We shall c in time!

well he refers to it in the video as the led indicator so im guessing that's the only one I highly doubt they would but put differed led indicators in it.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

It took almost a year, but the Pre does have a working one now, why on earth it took so long is beyond me? I also never found the need to push that center button, glad they removed it for the Plus.

But yep, as long as the Evo has a notification button, I am happy! Don't care about the color, it could be pink for all I care...lol

And yeah, it is pretty scary how many PreCentral users are here now, I am one of them too!

Ozmodiar

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Based on this post on the Android Central Homepage...it looks like we finally answered the LED question:

http://www.androidcentral.com/lucky-android-central-member-gets-hands-time-htc-evo-4g

HTC-EVO4G.jpg

I'd say that's a red LED in the upper left corner of the earpiece.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma