1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Tagging photos using Facebook for HTC Sense.

I've searched... i've googled... and I can't figure it out. Everyone says that one of the advantages over Facebook for HTC Sense over the Facebook App is the ability to upload and tag a photo. Problem is I've tried this over and over and see no option for tagging... Am I missing something?

Default Re: Tagging photos using Facebook for HTC Sense.

your not missing anything...it's not available through that. You say "everyone," but I haven't seen that anywhere... Can you link to where you've seen this?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...tml#post764288

http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...tml#post844479

"You can also upload one or more photos from your storage card to Facebook, then tag and add captions that go with it." - Direct quote from HTC

There are way more links just on the first page of a google search... but even HTC says I can do it... just not sure how.

First, don't confuse "Facebook for HTC Sense" with the Facebook app.

I don't currently have a Sense ROM loaded, so can't check for sure, but I think you can. IIRC (and it's been a long time since I used Sense), when you share a photo from your gallery, you get two options: Facebook or Facebook for HTC Sense.

I think if you choose Facebook for HTC Sense, you get the option of tagging the photo BEFORE you upload. At least I think, and I don't think you can tag with the facebook app after you upload (this probably also means you need to have your phone set up to sync your facebook contacts/friends)

You might want to read this (see step 5):
    Sharing photos or videos on Facebook
    Important: You need to be logged in to your account to be able to upload photos or videos.
    1. From the Home screen, tap > Gallery.
    2. Tap the album that has the photos or videos you want to share.
    3. Tap and then tap Facebook for HTC Sense.
    4. Select the photos or videos you want to share and then tap Next.
    5. Enter a different caption on each photo or video. You can also tag friends on your photos. Tap Tag this photo, and then tap the part where your friend is. From the list that shows, select who you want to tag.
    6. Slide to the left to go to the next photo or video.
    7. Tap Upload.
    8. Select which album to upload to and set privacy settings for the uploaded photos or videos.
    9. Tap Done.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks.. yeah, those are the notes I have. I just never see the option to "Tag this photo".

ROM
    Decks Reloaded,RebelROM

So you never see this?

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tagging photos using Facebook for HTC Sense.-uploadfromtaptalk1309046236084.png  
    TOSHIBA Thrive Pio's Team Baked BlackBean 4.1.2 ROM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 1 (i717) CM11 4.4.2 kitkat (jamied)
    Samsung GalaxyTab 3 (7 in) Deleterious ROM
    HTC EVO 4G Deck's Reloaded ROM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (i317) unlocked Ditto Note 3.1.1 (4.3) ROM
    B&N Nook Color (Gifted to relative)
    Samsung Galaxy Prevail Half A$$ed ROM
    EVO Shift JellyBelly ROM
    Samsung Galaxy S3 DanKang 4.3.1 ROM

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Wow... was starting to think it didn't exist. I just looked again, and it's not on my screen. I'm using stock... not rooted.

ROM
    Warm TwoPointTwo RLS 5

Quote Originally Posted by AldousSnow View Post
    Wow... was starting to think it didn't exist. I just looked again, and it's not on my screen. I'm using stock... not rooted.
    You're not crazy... I don't have it, either. Just "Upload" & "Cancel" buttons. No "Tag Friends" button at all...

Sent from my EVO 4G using 2 cans & a string
    HTC EVO 4G
    running [ROM] Myns Warm TwoPointTwo - [RLS 5 - 01/07/2011] - More Than Meets The Eye!
    I <3 WiMax (Complete Coverage in Tampa Bay area)

ROM
    Stock

Agreed. Stock Evo 2.3 and no tagging for Facebook app or for HTC Sense. I usually use m.facebook.com.

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 9

Quote Originally Posted by chappo2000 View Post
    Agreed. Stock Evo 2.3 and no tagging for Facebook app or for HTC Sense. I usually use m.facebook.com.
    Smartest thing anyone has said on this subject so far...use the mobile site and save all the confusion