How many of you getting the EVO are coming from a Pre/Pixi?

So, which phone are you leaving for the EVO?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bdarknessb

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
It seems like most the people on this forum are coming from either a pre or a pixi. Myself being a current Pre owner, i believe this phone is gonna steal most current Palm owners considering the time of its release and the fact that its on sprint.

VKitty

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
There should be at least an option for not leaving..

I guess the reason that the Pre/Pixi are there, is that there the only other phone worth mentioning

::Grin::

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I think a big part of it is a lack of a premiere phone on Sprint. This would definitely be it--something that no other carrier has. (For now)

The Pre was that, or it seemed that way for a little bit. Until it became apparent that the device wasn't going "viral" and its popularity just wasn't taking off.

My wife and I are two happy Pre owners. Both of us overclock, use Preware (her's is all themed out with hearts and pink goodness everywhere). Performance issues, battery life, etc... well, it's liveable, not perfect.

I still think webOS has the best solution for federating work+personal stuff. I have TWO EAS accounts (1 from my company, and 1 from the company we're partnered with), 1 gmail account (personal), 1 google apps account (side job), facebook, all syncing contacts and other meta data to the phone. I haven't done contact management since 06/06/09 and I'm very happy about that.

Yet, through it all... I'll dump all that webOS goodness any day of the week to get an android BEAST with a 4.3" screen, senseUI eye candy, 8mp camera AND 1.3 camera, etc. If Palm had a device lined up for a June launch with Sprint that featured a 1mhz superphone, I might rethink it. But for now, move aside fellas... at least 1 Evo has my name on it.

deltatko

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
I am, I love webOS but the EVO is just too good to pass on. I've been curious about Android for a long time and this was what I was waiting for. I know a bunch of people drooling over this phone (both gadget fiends and the causual phone user). Even my gf who has a BB Tour that always said she had to have a physical keyboard is trying to figure out how she can pay for it cause she isn't elligible for an upgrade lol.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Another one coming from the Pre. Not switching because of webos but because of hardware issues I've experienced.

hockey4life0099

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
it seems like most of us pre user like the webos but desperetly want better hardware. I'm in this same boat. It's a shame for palm though, if they were to release or even annnounce a simaler device in terms of hardware I'm sure a good chunk of us would stick with webos. Suck for them though.

VKitty

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Count me in as well. I'm really sick of the WebOS UI lag.. And the "Too many Cards Open" error.

Well I heard the Pre Plus fixed all they. There is also rumors of the C40, and new palm webos device, so I will wait to see what that is all about before I switch.

Eguy

Lloyd Lover
Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I think I can speak for all of us when I say, Love the software, hate the hardware. webOS is the best mobile OS I have ever used, yet it was destroyed by no marketing, crappy hardware, and rushed production.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I am on my second Pre and really haven't had too much of an issue as far as hardware goes. My Oreo effect is minimized by having a Innocase from Seidio on the phone which tightens things up quite a bit. My battery life was never an issue because of the Seidio 2600 battery. I never had dead pixels, and screen blotches were the reason for my exchanging my first Pre for this second one. My issue is with the inconsistent performance of webOS. Sometimes an app starts fast, other times it takes 5 or more seconds. Delays in the phone app are inexcuseable. The App Catalog, while growing, is doing so too slowly and to be honest, I am tired of seeing yet another bible reader, yet another tip calculator, yet another sexy girl app, yet another "one books as an app" app, etc etc... Every game that is not a 3d game has performance issues, even simple stuff like the helicopter game, all due to the crappy memory management that webOS seems to struggle with. Of course once you use your phone after a fresh restart, you inevitably will get the "too many cards error" when you want to show one of those fancy 3d games off to your friends. Too much is too much, I am gonna miss all the nifty NewsRoom and Facebook notifications and quite a few other things on the Pre, but if I get a fast phone with a huge screen and hopefully more decent apps to pick from, then I'll be happy with the Evo. I came from a Sprint Touch before the Pre, so a software keyboard is a non issue to me, although I am sure I'll miss the Pres keyboard at first.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I think I can speak for all of us when I say, Love the software, hate the hardware. webOS is the best mobile OS I have ever used, yet it was destroyed by no marketing, crappy hardware, and rushed production.

Completely agree.

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Why does "everybody" rag on the Pre's battery life?
It's on par if not slightly better than my last 3 devices.

Sprint is almost targeting Pre owners with the rumored release date.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Too much is too much, I am gonna miss all the nifty NewsRoom and Facebook notifications and quite a few other things on the Pre, but if I get a fast phone with a huge screen and hopefully more decent apps to pick from, then I'll be happy with the Evo.

NewsRoom is available for Android and does notifications.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12