Ever since GB, battery life has been incredible

AldousSnow

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I know.. i know. Another battery thread. But most of the others are all negative. My post is about the extroidinary difference I've seen since upgrading to GB. Two days ago, I went 24 hours before needing a charge, and currently I've passed the 10 hour mark with 79 percent battery remaining. 10 hours left with 80% battery life is something I've NEVER seen before. I'm no longer rooted, but don't really care (I've been rooted for over a year and rarely used found a need to play around with custom roms). The only thing I've given up is free wi-fi... and even that I don't miss. But back to the battery.... well done HTC with this GB update.

fishhawk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I concur with this. I have just been using the stock rom on root and i have been getting to around 24 hours before charging also
I too have noticed a significant improvement since I got the update.I used to be down to 20% battery left by the end of the day. Now I'm at 50%. I noticed the improvement after I installed the gingerbread patch, 4.24.651.1.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Same here!! I don't understand all these posts that complain that the GB update is killing their battery, it has extended mine by about 150%!

AldousSnow

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
That's what I was surprised at. Thread after thread of GB killed my battery life. I couldn't be happier with this latest update. I was carrying two extra batteries with me a day, Now I don't even have to remove my case to swap out batteries. :)

anon(20964)

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Even my Seidio 3500 extended battery is lasting alot longer. At the end of the day I'm consistently north of 50% with my typical usage - web, email, calls, text, games etc.

I am happy with the battery life post GB.

AldousSnow

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Placebo? Odd. Before update.. six hours tops. After update.. 24 hours. Before update, traveled with a rotation of no less than 3 batteries. After GB, don't need a spare. Current uptime... 12:52 mins.... and 65% battery remaining. GB released to increase battery life.... and it does. Now, a placebo effect would be.... ah... never mind. You get the point.

m a x i m u s

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to hear that. Go back to the stock battery and compare the two.

I tried that, same problem. I am starting to think the battery issue is linked with a Sprint network connectivity issue, which would explain why not everyone is experiencing it. Reason for thinking this is I was having issues with my youmail and the logs showed no Sprint network connection many times...

m a x i m u s

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
....I should clarify that I mean connectivity issue related the gb, bc I am still using my phone in the same areas that I always have been, unless Sprint towers have been removed.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
placebo effect. mine is exactly the same with GB as it was with Froyo.

No placebo here. That's fine if it is no different for you, but it is a lot different for me.

It seems like they have somehow optimized the reduction of battery while the phone is asleep. If I use it constantly (surfing, games, etc.) it burns done just like before. But when carrying it around I am losing 1-2% per hour. If Shoot Me still worked, I would show you a screen shot of my battery usage graph.

m a x i m u s

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I tried that, same problem. I am starting to think the battery issue is linked with a Sprint network connectivity issue, which would explain why not everyone is experiencing it. Reason for thinking this is I was having issues with my youmail and the logs showed no Sprint network connection many times...

PS, i should also note that yesterday i was chilling at home for most of the day so i had wifi connected. moderate use. after about 14 hours i was still at 70% battery. this is what got me thinking that it is a sprint network connectivity issue that may be the culprit for my lower (non-wifi) battery life.

JackG058

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I concur with the conclusion that the issue is with Sprint connectivity. Whereas I used to run about 1-2% in the "time without a signal" category under battery use, I now consistently run over 20%. Also I'm getting dropped calls in places I never used to. Some of these drops occur every day at the same place. Either the radio has been purposely weakened in a recent update, or cell towers are not functioning as they used to. I have my contract upgrade on 7/1, and I'm now not going to upgrade as a result. I'm waiting to see if Sprint has an answer as to whether this issue is going to be fixed. And this behaviour occurs on all 3 EVO's in my household.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike7star