Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By dumpedduce
  • 1 Post By etnpnys
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    stock

Default The Official "I'm Jealous of GB for Evo Shift 4G" Thread!

I highly doubt I am the only one with this issue. But my Fiancee's Evo Shift was recently updated to GB 2.3 and i noticed the crap load of changes done to her UI and keyboard and everything else!?!?!?! Do all the other devices have these changes? and why in $#@% $%&$ @#$() Can't our Evo 4Gs get such a nice update like the shift????
    Last edited by chazz6422; 06-29-2011 at 04:33 PM.

Depending on how bad you want it, you could root your phone and flash the new MikG 2.1 ROM that is a hybrid Gingerbread Sense 2.1 / 3.0 ROM for the EVO 4G.

[ROM] - [MikRoms] - [6/22/2011] - MikG v2.1 - Re-Engineered GB Sense 2.1 + 3.0 - xda-developers

Default Re: The Official "I'm Jealous of GB for Evo Shift 4G" Thread!

I'm glad you made this thread. It is exactly what I was coming here to ask about. I just recently upgraded from 4G to 3D and my wife has a Shift. I always ran CM7 on my 4G and couldn't even remember what sense looked like. I was showing Sense 3.0 off to a buddy who still has a 4G and I noted things like the quick settings in the notification pull down. Then my wife says "my phone does that". I was shocked at the discrepancy between the Shift and 4G, I guess it HTC's way of telling 4G owners its time to upgrade.
    Droid Monster

Global Posts
    748 Global Posts

Exactly the reason why the Evo will be my last HTC device. They pull off a stunt like this even though Sense is ok as it is on my Evo.
    Live long, Rock hard
    Best in the World

SO STRANGE!!! I was about to post this same thing. I updated but compare to the Shift.. I don't have GB... I have FROYO Plus.

ROM
    Arctic Hd

Well believe it or not, the Shift is more powerful than the Evo, thus the Shift can run these extra features cleanly, not so much on the evo, be glad you didn't get the update to that cause you would be complaining how slow your phone has gotten. HTC knows what they are doing, why do you think they have some of the most popular phones. Like it was stated before, you want the newest stuff, upgrade to the newest stuff. Not everything can be brought to older phones. Remember this, we are entering the age of phones that the evo is slowly falling out. Live with it, this happens to all cell phones. I will be upgrading to the 3d November 1st if nothing else is set to be released by then. Good day and stop complaining.

DumpedDuce Approves This Message
    Thanked by 3:
    chazz6422#AC and missniabby like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    626 Global Posts

Should be 2 new Sprint phones out by November 1st...I agree a different update would slow the Evo down. It happened to my Hero when they updated it. I'm hoping one of the new phones will be a Sprint version of the Sensation.

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    ROM
    ics-deck w/ Mason v0.14

Quote Originally Posted by illwood View Post
    Depending on how bad you want it, you could root your phone and flash the new MikG 2.1 ROM that is a hybrid Gingerbread Sense 2.1 / 3.0 ROM for the EVO 4G.

[ROM] - [MikRoms] - [6/22/2011] - MikG v2.1 - Re-Engineered GB Sense 2.1 + 3.0 - xda-developers
    I'm currently running this and it's great. You get the new Sense goodies. I had been running AOSP for 5 months before switching back to Sense with this ROM and I'm enjoying it so far. There's also Synergy.

My wife has the EVO and I have the Shift. She's super jealous of Camera 3.0 that I got with my upgrade. Is there any way she can get that on her EVO? Thanks!
    Thanked by:

I just want that music player... it would roll like 3 different apps I have into one! Auto uploads album art, smooth running.... And I wanna be able to delete bloatware. K,- I'm done whining now!

Global Posts
    746 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mattbaker7 View Post
    My wife has the EVO and I have the Shift. She's super jealous of Camera 3.0 that I got with my upgrade. Is there any way she can get that on her EVO? Thanks!
    If she is still running Froyo, then you could root it and run one of the Sense 2.1/3.0 ROMs.

If she has done the OTA Gingerbread update, then there isn't any way to do it right now.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G with Tapatalk

gb has root also.

Global Posts
    398 Global Posts

This thread has been hijacked so badly, I don't feel bad posting this question: can the Google Talk (with Video chat) app work on the MikG rom from the video? (My apologies if he says it in the video - I'm at work and I had to watch without sound)
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

ROM
    stock

lol well now I have my answer! that kinda sucks though.... looks like i'll be ooting soon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dumpedduce View Post
    Well believe it or not, the Shift is more powerful than the Evo, thus the Shift can run these extra features cleanly, not so much on the evo, be glad you didn't get the update to that cause you would be complaining how slow your phone has gotten. HTC knows what they are doing, why do you think they have some of the most popular phones. Like it was stated before, you want the newest stuff, upgrade to the newest stuff. Not everything can be brought to older phones. Remember this, we are entering the age of phones that the evo is slowly falling out. Live with it, this happens to all cell phones. I will be upgrading to the 3d November 1st if nothing else is set to be released by then. Good day and stop complaining.

DumpedDuce Approves This Message

Global Posts
    398 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chazz6422 View Post
    lol well now I have my answer! that kinda sucks though.... looks like i'll be ooting soon!!!
    I think what you mean is: "looks like i'll be rooting as soon as it is possible".

Same here - excited about trying MikG and Decks roms.
    Thanked by:
    chazz6422#AC likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RkyMtnHigh View Post
    Should be 2 new Sprint phones out by November 1st...I agree a different update would slow the Evo down. It happened to my Hero when they updated it. I'm hoping one of the new phones will be a Sprint version of the Sensation.
    the EVO 3D IS the Sprint version of the Sensation! it's the same exact phone except for the cameras and the 3D has extra ram
    Banned

Global Posts
    626 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yibrushn View Post
    the EVO 3D IS the Sprint version of the Sensation! it's the same exact phone except for the cameras and the 3D has extra ram
    I don't want the 3D part. I want the Sensation. That's why I said that. I've played with both of them at work, for weeks at a time.

I'm not jealous of the Shift. At all. I'm not the jealous type. Especially over a phone.

Global Posts
    398 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RkyMtnHigh View Post
    I don't want the 3D part. I want the Sensation. That's why I said that. I've played with both of them at work, for weeks at a time.

I'm not jealous of the Shift. At all. I'm not the jealous type. Especially over a phone.
    Um... you know you can turn it off, right?
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

ROM
    stock

Quote Originally Posted by etnpnys View Post
    I think what you mean is: "looks like i'll be rooting as soon as it is possible".

Same here - excited about trying MikG and Decks roms.
    Lol yeah that's exactly what i meant! It looks really really nice!!

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

I just did the MikG rom and all I can say is WOW! Way cool. Am new to roms but have been playing with thwm for a week and I have to say super cool stuff.
    Banned

Global Posts
    626 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by etnpnys View Post
    Um... you know you can turn it off, right?
    Yea. But its still there. More stuff to screw up in the future. It's definitely integrated into something else. That and the slide button fell off our test unit at work. I work for HP and we test all of the goodies.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 9

I was jealous! But my girlfriends shift was messing up so bad after the update, there was no explaining to here that something just need fixed lol and she went and got a bb style :/ I guess Android's not for everyone lol

Sent from my awesome EVO
    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch running CyanogenMod 10