ARRGGG! Active Sync & Contact problems

DavidJ726

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Hey all,

For some reason I've got at least 1 contact in my Corporate Outlook contact list that isn't syncing with my contact list on the EVO 4G, and not sure what to do...

When I enter her name to send a text message to, her name appears, but when she responds, her name (in the stock IM client) is replaced by a tel #. BTW... this was a new thread, not a continuation from an older thread. When I open up my contacts (People) on the EVO she's not listed there, but she is in my Outlook contact list on my desktop, and I see nothing different or unusual from any other contact.

In the View setting for my contacts, everything is checked except for "Only with phone number"

In account settings, I've done a forced sync, but also have all my corporate e-mail, contacts & calendar checked "On" to allow Background Data and Auto-Sync.

I've looked at everything I can think of, so my next step was to delete her from my contact list and re-enter it, but thought I'd search & ask here first.

Also, I see I have 4 contacts listed as "Phone" contacts, & I can't find a way to make them "Exchange" contacts so they Sync with Outlook.

BTW... I didn't notice this happening until the following (superfluous?) info :) )

Just recently I noticed that my contact list nearly doubled in size and it turned out there were tons of duplicates (took 2 days to stare & compare & delete :mad: ) and I suspect that was an Active Sync issue here at corporate... I actually keep very few contact lists online in my Gmail or Yahoo accounts, and this particular individual wasn't in either of those address books anyway, so that's not the problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
David

quadcam#CB

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm running exchange active sync through Outlook to the Evo with no problems...until I exported the file to google to sync to the tablet, I just noticed today that I have duplicate entries, not all of the contacts just some of them. Must be some conflict between exchange active sync & google?

As of last week, if I wanted to edit a contact on the evo, an option box poped up asking exchange active sync OR google? choose one.
Today I was running the tablet, first time for a week as I've been busy, clicked on contacts on the tablet, it had synced ALL of my contacts to the tablet, which was nice but now there are duplicate entries??? and the exchange active sync/google option does not appear.

Maybe there is something in settings on google to stop duplicate entries?

Google was no help, the google contacts does not show the duplicate entries and they do not show up on Outlook nor on the tablet ONLY on the EVO and not every entry is duplicated and the ones that are duplicated, well there does not seem to be a reason why those particular entries are duplicated?

Last edited: