Apple?s new iOS 5, trying to be a little too much like Android?

CoryBantic

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
YouTube - ‪Apple - Introducing iOS 5‬‏

-?New? Notification that drops down, just like all Android phones. :eek:
-?New? lockscreen to app feature, just like all 3.0 Android phones.
-?New? Twitter integrated function. Twitter feeds are always live on Android.:confused:
-?New? tab browsing! Just like all PC?s and Android tablets!
-?New? access to camera from lockscreen, just like all 3.0 Android phones.:eek:
-?New? use volume to snap picture, just like some older and rooted Android phones.
-?New? photo cropping feature. There?s and Android Market app for that.
-?New? split keyboard for the iPad. Split keyboards currently available for Android tablets: Thumbs Keyboard, SwiftKey TouchType, Tablet Keyboard for Honeycomb.:cool:
-?New? feature! You no longer need your computer to backup and sync using wifi! Funny, I?ve been backing up and syncing using wifi AND the network since I had my first Sprint phone (Instinct), my second phone (Palm Pre) and my Android phone (Evo 4g).
-?New? over the air updates (OTA), most all Android phones are OTA
-?New? ability to create and delete photo albums! Available on all Android phones since...forever.
-"New" AirPlay feature for iPad = Splashtop Remote Desktop HD app for Android tablets.
-?New? feature shows how much memory is being used by each app AND the ability to delete each apps data. Android users have been going Settings > Applications > Manage Applications since Android 2.1 to see such information.
-?New? LED flash for alerts! Gasp! How did I ever know who left me a message before? Thanks, Mr. Jobs.
-?New? alternate routes in maps! Sprint?s Telenav beat you to that 2 years ago Apple.
-?New? local weather in weather app! Android: been there, been doing that.
-?New? Japanese and Buddhist calendar support! How did I ever live without this! :-[
-?New? Personal Hotspot settings are now found under ?Network? settings, just like Android?s!

I don?t know, I thought the iPhone was about simplicity and it?s minimalistic ?pick up and go? style, the more and more I?ve read about the new iOS, the more and more I?ve come to realize that the majority of these ?new? features, have always been available on Android and, the more and more I?m glad to be an Android owner and not an Apple user. :cool:

wryun

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Apple?s new iOS 5, trying to be a little too much like Androi

It's human (and technology) nature to want to be like the best. Give Apple a break for looking up to Android. :)

It is interesting to see a "bleeding edge" company like Apple let its own iOS crawl behind Android OS. Yet, Apple still has a huge following!
All I can say is I am glad I own an Android phone. I had an iPhone4 and within 30 days gave it back and got my EVO4G!

gamerusa

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

Yea can't hate on the new iOS5 and I am an android user dude. lol its just like wyrun said its human technology and I know Android will definitely live up to its reputation as well.

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

look at msft. there isn't a thing they have that didn't originally start with someone else.

asd216

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

I actually like iOS 5. Yeah its a lil androidish (maybe that's why I like it) lol and I like their notificatoin drawer a lil bit more than my evos if apple made an iPhone with a 4.3in screen I would probably buy one...