Missing Status Bar After GB Upgrade

cosmo60

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Apologies in advance for the newbie question. After upgrading to GB my EVO is running much, much better. No lagging, force closes, etc. However, I seem to have lost the status bar which displays signal strength, network status, battery life, etc. I was previously using Vaelpak with various kernels. Now my phone is set up as follows:

Android version: 2.3.3
Baseband version: 2.15.00.11.19
Kernel version: 2.6.35.10-gc0a661b // htc-kernel@and18-2 #1
Build number: 4.24.651.1 CL61076 release-keys

I'm using LauncherPro, if that matters.

Are there further updates that I should be applying? Or is there a setting that I've overlooked?

Thanks for your help.

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Check some where in the launcher pro settings menu... most launchers have the option to hide the task bar.

Decks Rom Rules, Other Roms Drool!!! :p
Thanks for tryin!!!

cosmo60

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I know what you're describing and tried that but it doesn't seem to change anything. Right now, I'm displaying how much memory the app is consuming in the upper left of the display -- one of the settings that I turned on but nothing seems to get the status bar back.

I've cleared all the data and uninstalled LauncherPro, switching to ADW Launcher. The problem persists.

I've also tried reinstalling the same ROM as well as the version that's two weeks older but no luck.

I may go back to 2.2 just to see what happens.

Thanks for the suggestions.

wallaby

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I am not sure this is the same issue I had, but I went to recovery mode, and wiped cache and data (you want to do a backup beforehand :)). And now I have a statusbar again.

All the best,

answerplz

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Missing Status Bar

I have an HTC sensation.
Im not sure If my phone upgraded or not, But My status/ notificaton bar is gone. ( the bar at the top of the screen That displays the time, missed calls, etc.)
How can i get it back?????
If it helps in using htc sence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12