Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Missing Status Bar After GB Upgrade

Apologies in advance for the newbie question. After upgrading to GB my EVO is running much, much better. No lagging, force closes, etc. However, I seem to have lost the status bar which displays signal strength, network status, battery life, etc. I was previously using Vaelpak with various kernels. Now my phone is set up as follows:

Android version: 2.3.3
    Baseband version: 2.15.00.11.19
    Kernel version: 2.6.35.10-gc0a661b // htc-kernel@and18-2 #1
    Build number: 4.24.651.1 CL61076 release-keys

I'm using LauncherPro, if that matters.

Are there further updates that I should be applying? Or is there a setting that I've overlooked?

Thanks for your help.

Global Posts
    975 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9...on both devices

Check some where in the launcher pro settings menu... most launchers have the option to hide the task bar.

Decks Rom Rules, Other Roms Drool!!! :-p
    Thanks for tryin!!!
    Devices: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic Touch 4G
    Samsung Galaxy10.1 16gb, Wifi
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Missing Status Bar After GB Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by SouthPhilly View Post
    Check some where in the launcher pro settings menu... most launchers have the option to hide the task bar.

Decks Rom Rules, Other Roms Drool!!! :-p
    Thanks for tryin!!!
    Thanks but "Hide notification bar" in "Appearance Settings" is unchecked.

Quote Originally Posted by cosmo60 View Post
    Thanks but "Hide notification bar" in "Appearance Settings" is unchecked.
    Try checking the box then un-checking it,I have to do that to some of the options in Launcher Pro.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I know what you're describing and tried that but it doesn't seem to change anything. Right now, I'm displaying how much memory the app is consuming in the upper left of the display -- one of the settings that I turned on but nothing seems to get the status bar back.

I've cleared all the data and uninstalled LauncherPro, switching to ADW Launcher. The problem persists.

I've also tried reinstalling the same ROM as well as the version that's two weeks older but no luck.

I may go back to 2.2 just to see what happens.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Hi,

I am not sure this is the same issue I had, but I went to recovery mode, and wiped cache and data (you want to do a backup beforehand ). And now I have a statusbar again.

All the best,

Default Missing Status Bar

I have an HTC sensation.
    Im not sure If my phone upgraded or not, But My status/ notificaton bar is gone. ( the bar at the top of the screen That displays the time, missed calls, etc.)
    How can i get it back?????
    If it helps in using htc sence.