Straight to message or email?

mikec426

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Can you set this thing up to go straight to text or email when you receive it? The way it is now I have to "Pull the Ring" and then tap the message/email icon to get to my message/email. I just want to pull the ring and be right there without taking the extra step or two...

My roommate's Galaxy S goes straight to the message...

Malachi73

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
under Settings>Personalize>Lockscreen>Settings you can set what you want the four shortcuts on the lockscreen to be for. Just set one to Messages and another to your email. then, when you get a new email you can just drag the email icon on the lockscreen down to the ring and it will unlock directly to your email.

DanteTheWimp

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Or you drag the message or email icon onto the ring and it will open which ever one you drag. It should be set to do that out of the box, or atmeast mine was.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk

Malachi73

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Or you drag the message or email icon onto the ring and it will open which ever one you drag. It should be set to do that out of the box, or atmeast mine was.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk

This may be true. Mine hasn't been stock in so long that I can't remember...

In fact, I finally just got rid of the Sense lockscreen altogether and went back to AOSP. Seems simpler to me than trying to navigate a ring...:D