| || |
Re: root for the Design (instructions)
It looks like it. I think I finally got mine rooted with this. I'm not sure if these are perfect, I've tried a dozen different things that didn't work because mine is actually current.
My phone is a HTC Evo Design 4G from Boost Mobile, purchased about 3 weeks ago.
Model number PH44100
Android version 4.0.3
HTC Sense version 3.6
Software number 1.11.635.0 710RD
PRI Version 3.42_150
PRL Version 61009
I tend to be verbose with my instructions, so don't think this is hard, I just write a lot to avoid confusion.
Grab the first two files he linked.
Grab something with adb.exe and fastboot.exe (and any associated DLLs)
Stick them all in one directory.
1) Do the HTC unlock, which is documented everywhere else. You may also need to install the HTC ADB/USB driver, which is also documented everywhere.
2) Shut the phone down gracefully. Pull the battery, and put it back in. As I discovered, squeeze the sides of the cover, rather than push like the manual shows. You only need to flip the battery lever up and down, not actually pull it out.
3) Hold down Vol- and Power until it comes up the white boot loader screen.
4) use Vol+/Vol- to go to FASTBOOT. It probably defaults there.
5) Press the power button to select it. You'll now see fastboot in red and white.
6) Make sure your USB cable is plugged into the PC.
7) open a command prompt, and cd to where your files are.
8) type the following:
fastboot.exe flash recovery recovery.img
You should see this...
$ ./fastboot.exe flash recovery recovery.img
sending 'recovery' (4476 KB)... OKAY [ 2.820s]
writing 'recovery'... OKAY [ 1.763s]
finished. total time: 4.583s
10) Remember that JWSmythe loves numbered lists.
11) Copy Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip to the root of your SD card. If you do it through adb, it's /mnt/sdcard
12) Shut the phone down gracefully again. Do the Vol- and Power again to get into the bootloader again.
13) Use Vol+/Vol- to move to "RECOVERY". You'll see the HTC screen for a few moments, and then the lovely CWM Recovery screen.
14) Install the Superuser*zip.
a) arrow down to "install zip from sdcard", and hit power.
b) choose "zip from sdcard"" and hit power.
c) arrow down to Superuser*zip , and hit power. Follow the prompts to do it.
15) Reboot the phone again.
You should now see "Superuser" in your applications menu. What you do with it now is up to you.