root for the Design (instructions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dadaR6

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
@dadaR6 - could you give a quick breakdown of how you got it to work on the Design?

I really just followed the instructions on that thread:
- install provided drivers on my PC.
- enabled the USB debugging on my phone.
- plug phone to USB and select "Charge only" option on the phone.
- unzip files on PC.
- run the "run.bat" app on the PC.
- type "1" to prepare.
- type "2" to root.
- type "reboot" and the phone will reboot. At this point, it should be rooted.

I forgot, but I think I had to press a couple of "Enter" after running the "run.bat" app.

Hope it helps...

Reactions: okader

DanteTheWimp

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Rooting it is easy. Once you root it you have to go through another process to unlock the bootloader. HTC has there own Site for that process. Once you do it right your phone screen will reboot and you will have to reactivate your phone. Good news is it should download all your app again. Or atmeast it did for me.

http://www.htcdev.com/bootloader/unlock-instructions

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: okader and calebt

Invictus73

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I couldnt get it to root my Design . Tried everything. Upon running the .bat it kept telling me adb was out of date. Tried to update it, but it wouldnt update. I could unlock the bootloader, but that doesnt do me any good without root. Hopefully they have a root that works soon on the newest EVO Design. Mine was 2 hours old. After i tried the root i lost mobile service. Really frustrating to try and fix that but it finally fixed. But now i just cant get my phone to load in hot sync. lol i updated everything (hot sync, drivers etc) just wont see my device anymore.

whymista

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I've tried this and everything worked as far as unlocking the bootloader and rooting my phone and rebooting but now that I'm trying to use titanium back up and busybox it keeps saying root access denied. How can I tell if I'm actually rooted?

toolboynin

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I can't get ADB to recognize my Design...I've done the method where I edited the android_winusb.inf file. I've gotten it to install but not to be rocognized in ADB under fastboot. Can someone offer some help as to what I can do to get this to work, please?

Last edited:

iamym

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
i just rooted my design but now i cant get any service let alone bars on my sprint network. any ideas/suggestions

thank you in advance

okader

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I really just followed the instructions on that thread:
- install provided drivers on my PC.
- enabled the USB debugging on my phone.
- plug phone to USB and select "Charge only" option on the phone.
- unzip files on PC.
- run the "run.bat" app on the PC.
- type "1" to prepare.
- type "2" to root.
- type "reboot" and the phone will reboot. At this point, it should be rooted.

I forgot, but I think I had to press a couple of "Enter" after running the "run.bat" app.

Hope it helps...

where is that .bat app? i only see .exe

Status
Not open for further replies.