Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Boost Mobile leak ICS

Default [ROM] SkitziPak Hero S/Evo Design

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY BRICKED PHONES OR VOIDED WARRANTYS
    YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
    THIS ROM OR ANY WORK DONE IS NOT MINE I DO NOT TAKE ANY CREDIT FOR THIS THAT GOES TO THE GUYS WHO MADE IT
    .[/HL][/HL]
    LINKS BELOW

[ROM]

[RECOVERY] all you need is a custom recovery

[BOOTLOADER] and u need a unlocked bootloader
    Introducing SkitziPak v1.0 for the HeroS

De-sensed and VaelPak inspired
    Android 2.3.4
    Based on HTC Build 1.26.573.9 (latest OTA)

This rom is heavily influenced by VaelPak. It includes many of the same tweaks such as VaelPak Settings which is fully functional

This is release v1.0. There were 3 betas over the past 3 weeks and I hope all the major bugs are squashed. If you find something please post in the form and I will fix it as quick as I can. There is no upgrade from an earlier Beta to this release (beta tag in full swing on that). Going forward any updates should have a full release and an upgrade package.

To install you must have an unlocked bootloader via HTCDev.com, or if you have s-off please share how
    You will also need a custom recovery flashed:

Rom information:
    Device: U.S. Cellular HeroS (we don't have a forum on XDA yet)
    Stock kernel
    Deodexed
    Zipalign on boot
    Busybox and init.d support
    Rooted - Super user 3.0.7 : SU binary 3.0.3.2
    Auto Dalvik cleaner - credit to Synergy Rom
    OOM values Sysctl tweaks for speed and battery - credit to Car-o-Dope's guide and Sick Tweaks by smokin1337
    GPU rendering enabled
    SD read ahead tweaked for quicker SD access
    Removed bloat and Sense
    All loggers removed or neutralized: CIQ, IQRD, HTCLogger, Tell HTC, Usage Stats - Thank you TrevE!!!!
    Included TrevE Logging Checker
    VaelPak Settings - Replaces the Personalize option in settings. Lockscreen and skin settings are available via VaelPak Settings -Thank you Vaelek!
    Menu unlock, hide headset, hide gps, hide alarm, hide recent apps in pull down, custom lock screen text, hide battery, enable battery bar
    BatteryBar mod (miui like) added - credit pvyParts
    Incorporated BatteryBar settings into VaelPak Settings
    CRT animations for screen on and screen off
    Enabled CRT power off animation added - credit Warm TwoPointThree
    4-in-1 reboot menu mod
    Widget picker mod to group widgets for the same app
    Added Picasa Web Album support to HTC Gallery app
    Debugging icon hide
    Many other tweaks - credit Vaelek, TrevE, SynergyRom, and myself

Also a shout out to JesusFreke for helping me with some annoying Smali edits and expanding my knowledge on the subject

Application Changes:
    Moved to Data so they can be uninstalled if wanted:
    Amazon App store
    Asphalt
    htcfmradio
    Tone Room Deluxe
    Polaris Office
    USCC Your Navigator
    Bundled Apps:
    Battery Monitor Widget
    System Tuner (fka Process Monitor Widget)
    Amazon appstore
    GoLauncher EX
    Google Voice
    Google Plus
    Google Music
    Titanium Backup
    VaelPak Forums
    Gingerbread launcher
    Gingerbread keyboard
    MSL Reader
    RealCalc (stock calculator removed)
    Wireless Tether - MUST enable MSS clamping and Routing Fix in the apps settings
    FileXpert

Known Issues:
    - First boot is slow, well this is more of an FYI
    - After updating YouTube 2 icons appear in the app drawer. If you reboot one entry will have the default android icon. If your using GoLauncher click and hold on it, then click the red "x". It will say the app can not be found and ask if you want to remove it
    - BUG FIX ZIP: This fixes the reboot issue with certain market apps and the move app to sd option. flash this zip over your current install or extract the .apk and push to /system/app/ - SecureAppInstallFix_4SkitziPak_v1.zip - 154 KB

Download
    Not Available Please Wait
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [ROM] SkitziPak Hero S/Evo Design-2012.01.04-22.14.27.jpg   [ROM] SkitziPak Hero S/Evo Design-2012.01.04-22.16.04.jpg   [ROM] SkitziPak Hero S/Evo Design-2012.01.04-22.16.10.jpg   [ROM] SkitziPak Hero S/Evo Design-2012.01.04-22.17.39.jpg   [ROM] SkitziPak Hero S/Evo Design-2012.01.04-22.20.15.jpg  

[ROM] SkitziPak Hero S/Evo Design-2012.01.04-22.20.24.jpg   [ROM] SkitziPak Hero S/Evo Design-2012.01.04-22.21.53.jpg   [ROM] SkitziPak Hero S/Evo Design-2012.01.04-22.22.14.jpg  
    Last edited by blakesaintonge; 01-10-2012 at 07:39 PM.

Has anybody tried this out.

sent from my »»ROOTED«« EVO DESIGN
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Boost Mobile leak ICS

Default Re: [ROM] SkitziPak Hero S/Evo Design

Yeah I'm running it on mine works great just do the backup first of course

can you post up screenshots if its not to much to ask for. would like to flash the rom and keep the sense theme but without the carousel

yea i tested it on the htc evo design and all is well except you can move to sd......so other then that its working great.

i am wondering if any body has the actual zip rom for the evo design because you CAN NOY RUU back with this rom need to fladh back Manually.

Well my design is all factory except for it being rooted.

How does it perform. Does it have smooth transitions. What does it overclock at. Mine is just rooted with some help of setcpu and it is overclocking at 1600 to 1700

Yea it works good no issues on mine except the SD .....1.2ghz is what I have set at...It's still stocks.......hey can you do me a favor....can you do a factory restore and back it up then upload it and shoot me the link? Please I said before I can't ruu back and really need help

Oh and ps you need recovery to flash the ROM...I'll show you the easiest and a fastest way if you do me that favor

I had to do a factory reset yesterday so yeah. How do I back it up and upload the link

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

Ha, awesome to see this making it out and about.

I have an updated version of the rom posted over at Vaelek.com, moved out of Beta. New features, more tweaks, better performance and battery, bug fixes.

I'm not sure what up with the SD issue on the Design, they use the same mounts as the recovery works on both phones. Has anyone other than awadewitz ran into the SD issue?

I can work on putting together a Design4g version, but will need someone willing to test for me as I wont be able to.

I would be a guinea pig but I can't unlock my bootloader. It will email me the .bin file. I put it in the specified folder and when it pushes it for some reason my phone will freeze. It will not prompt the continue yes, no option.

Will the design 4G ROM be a sense theme

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

It would be the same as the HeroS rom for now. Most the Sense bloat removed. Many HTC apps will still be there such as mail, contacts, phone, messaging, alarm, etc. But the launcher, widgets, and a bunch or bloat is removed.

So it will run smoother, better battery life and still be 4G capable right

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

Correct. The USC version posted does not have WiMax. If I built a version for the Design4g it would support Wimax.

I'd be a tester here but i need to unlock bootloader. I get the code and place it in the folder it goes but my phone freezes. It don't give me the option to select yes.

Any suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by gbert88 View Post
    I'd be a tester here but i need to unlock bootloader. I get the code and place it in the folder it goes but my phone freezes. It don't give me the option to select yes.

Any suggestions

Pull your charger cable out of the phone & yank the battery. Plug the charger cable back in & Boot back hboot & follow the directions again from htcdev. I had to yank my battery 2 or 3 times before the command lines took.

I'll try that. Also when I attempt to unlock it and it powers back up I notice it lags real bad. I had to factory reset.

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

Quote Originally Posted by skitzi View Post

I can work on putting together a Design4g version, but will need someone willing to test for me as I wont be able to.

I'd be willing to give it a shot. I hate sense. I ran cm7 on my evo shift and was reluctant to pick up a design due to the lack of cm7 support.

How come the design doesn't get to much attention like the other EVO's.

Also will there ever be a room where we can use the sum card with a US carrier

I'll try that. Also when I attempt to unlock it and it powers back up I notice it lags real bad. I had to factory reset.

Don't let it get powered all the way back up. As soon as you hit the power button make sure your volume down is pressed until you get to the hboot screen. Do this until you get the unlock token to take. If after 4 or 5 tries you still can't get it double check the file & placement of the file htc emailed you. Fyi also, the boatloader unlock does a complete wipe of your phone.

How come the design doesn't get to much attention like the other EVO's.

Also will there ever be a room where we can use the sum card with a US carrier

I'm sure after ics drops for the phone we will start to maybe see some more custom roms. Right now I know of at least 2, if not 3 available. I'm sure an aosp rom will come soon enough.

Yes I read it on htcdev.com. also if i power while holding the volume down it will go into the bootload menu BUT the desktop will not recognize the usb drivers. I downloaded the file that had HTC sync included as well. Oh and do i need HTC sync installed on the desktop as well.

Yes I read it on htcdev.com. also if i power while holding the volume down it will go into the bootload menu BUT the desktop will not recognize the usb drivers. I downloaded the file that had HTC sync included as well. Oh and do i need HTC sync installed on the desktop as well.

I followed the section in the first post in this thread when unlocking my bootloader. I used 2fast’s one click script to root & then followed his suggestions on how to unlock the bootloader with htcdev.com & his scripts by placing the required files in his tools folder & CD that folder. Make sure you download the script & use it as he outlines. Worked like a champ for me with of course the 2 battery pulls to get the unlock token to take. I did uninstall HTC sync & installed 2fast's windows drivers before I used his one click root script to root & to help in unlocking my bootloader. I do not remember what htcdev.com said about HTC sync when following their unlock guide.

Quote Originally Posted by grad061980 View Post
    I followed the section in the first post in this thread when unlocking my bootloader. I used 2fast’s one click script to root & then followed his suggestions on how to unlock the bootloader with htcdev.com & his scripts by placing the required files in his tools folder & CD that folder. Make sure you download the script & use it as he outlines. Worked like a champ for me with of course the 2 battery pulls to get the unlock token to take. I did uninstall HTC sync & installed 2fast's windows drivers before I used his one click root script to root & to help in unlocking my bootloader. I do not remember what htcdev.com said about HTC sync when following their unlock guide.
    I used super tool v2 to root my design. That is the same program I am using to try and unlock the bootloader. I will try this method and see if it works.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast