New software ROOT

gbert88

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Oh ok I got you. So once I install this kernal I don't have to reinstall when i flash the deodexed stock ROM

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk

grad061980

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Oh so from now on I have to go thru the cmd prompt on Windows. I can't just do it thru the phones hboot. So to install a custom ROM. Like in example the one from sdx that's deodexed I have to do it from the cmd prompt.

He should have instructions on how to flash his rom on sdx. I haven't flashed it to know. I suppose you would:

Backup
Wipe the phone with a factory reset (userdata & cache)
Install rom zip
Reboot

gbert88

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm doing the kernal flash and I'm getting nothing. I open command prompt and type "cd C:\Android/tools"

It then opens the folder and i input "fastboot boot c:\recovery.img" and nothing. The phone doesn't do anything.

grad061980

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Oh ok I got you. So once I install this kernal I don't have to reinstall when i flash the deodexed stock ROM

The rom will have its own kernel. You will have to install rom, then install kernel. You could drop the kernel in the rom then install it, but I forgot where you drop it before flash

gbert88

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
On my command prompt it says no img file recognized.

Do I input "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" like when I did to flash the custom recovery

grad061980

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm doing the kernal flash and I'm getting nothing. I open command prompt and type "cd C:\Android/tools"

It then opens the folder and i input "fastboot boot c:\recovery.img" and nothing. The phone doesn't do anything.

I think you need to have the phone in fastboot. Reboot to hboot, select fastboot, then input commands in the cmd prompt

gbert88

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I did put my phone manually in fastboot. I input "cd c:\Android/tools" then I input "fastboot boot recovery.img" it then took my phone to the cwm recovery. I then used volume down to wipe the cache. Then when that was complete I went to flash zip from SD card. Chose the merge2fast zip. Flashed it and then reboot. Once it booted up and I checked the kernal its still the factory one. As the one I had placed in the image in the above post

gbert88

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
No I haven't tried that GUI flasher. Is it in the EVO design forums or where can I find it on sdx

gbert88

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Also Idk if you can help me but I posted another topic on how my hotspot don't work. Not even the factory Sprint hotspot works. It says error

gbert88

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
It says that my device is not compatible..... I just downloaded the Rom from sdx and I'm about to flash it.

grad061980

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Also Idk if you can help me but I posted another topic on how my hotspot don't work. Not even the factory Sprint hotspot works. It says error

I'm not familiar with sprints wifi tethering. With us cellular I can tether in the built in app rooted or not. Sorry I can't help you there.

grad061980

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Back up first, then flash the rom. I don't know if it will fix it. I would ask the guy that made the rom. There are 3rd party apps that do tethering

gbert88

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok I restored from the previous back up I had done. That fixed my whole WiFi and hotspot drivers on the phone. I had to reflash the superuser zip to gain root access again. Installed WiFi tether and worked. For some reason though when I go to flash the ROM it doesn't go thru. It aborts the installation process.