Slow to load homescreen

dyskid2011

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
So almost everytime I leave an app by pressing the home button the.screen goes to whit with the HTC logo. It then takes about 30-45 seconds to fully load my home screen. I've force closed most apps so it doesn't use to much of the proccesor but short of that I'm lost. Any ideas?

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
It is probily an app so I would do a factory data reset and start press bc I had that happen on my og EVO but not on my design at lest not evey tile I hit the home buttion so i would do a data reset and that should fix your problem

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I agree with the above in that it's probably a bad app installed on the phone. Also, do you have the device maxed out in terms of apps and low memory? This could also be a problem. My suggestion:

1. If you have lots of apps installed start by removing whatever you don't use and free up some space.
2. If the above doesn't solve the problem then backup and sync what you can and prepare for a factory reset. Start fresh and re-install apps you want back on the device paying attention to what you install and if the problem returns. If it does then it's a good chance the last app you installed is the culprit.

Here are some resources to backup the phone without root (assuming you don't have root):

SMS Backup

Call Log Backup

App lists backup

Please note that you need root access to backup app data. The above will only allow you to backup a lists of apps you currently have for future install without data.

Finally, remember to sync you Google account to backup contacts, email, photos, etc. Good luck :)

dyskid2011

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
It is probily an app so I would do a factory data reset and start press bc I had that happen on my og EVO but not on my design at lest not evey tile I hit the home buttion so i would do a data reset and that should fix your problem

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

I'll try that thank you

devlab

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I had the problem with the same symptoms on my HTC Desire Z. I have tried a lot of things for about 2 months, nothing helped. Finally I have uninstalled Google+ application (it was related to another problem I had), and it helped.

TheZEROts

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't know any permanent solutions, but it's Facebook app widget, return your phone to factory settings and use alternative face.ook app and do NOT update original and default app !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12