Won't factory reset!

Sylvari

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Alright so this is my first post ill do my best to discribe whats going on here. Im really frustrated, i use my phone waaaaay too much for it not to be working.
so, my phone is all stock and i havent tried to root it or anything.
i was using my flashlight app tonight while working on my bros car and i go to check my texts and the phone locks up.(nbd its locked up/been slow because of that app before) I pull the battery, nothing, SIM, and everything else, nothing. im stuck at the white boot menu. Ive tried rebooting, recovery, and factory reset. Ive also tried holding my volume buttons while on the black screen with a red exclamation point inside of a triangle which allows you to clear cache, wipe data,and update via SD card. ive cleared cache and nothing, wiped data, and still nothing. the main error i keep seeing is
E:can't mount(open)/data/data/recovery/log
Is there some way i can get this thing to reboot back to factory? The only thing i can think of is finding a way to get the phone to update via SD but i have no idea what im doing when it comes to phones:-[ I appreciate all the help I can get. I figure trying to fix the problem myself will be alot better than taking it to the store because all they will do anyways is try to reset it and it wont even reset...
Much thanks to anyone who can help me!

Sylvari

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Damn, i hope i dont have to get a new phone. One of my friends has it right now and he hasnt had any luck with it all day. All of this before my birthday (tomorrow) and im going on a 3 day trip the day after tomorrow.

joshua.worth

Android Guru
Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Alright so this is my first post ill do my best to discribe whats going on here. Im really frustrated, i use my phone waaaaay too much for it not to be working.
so, my phone is all stock and i havent tried to root it or anything.
i was using my flashlight app tonight while working on my bros car and i go to check my texts and the phone locks up.(nbd its locked up/been slow because of that app before) I pull the battery, nothing, SIM, and everything else, nothing. im stuck at the white boot menu. Ive tried rebooting, recovery, and factory reset. Ive also tried holding my volume buttons while on the black screen with a red exclamation point inside of a triangle which allows you to clear cache, wipe data,and update via SD card. ive cleared cache and nothing, wiped data, and still nothing. the main error i keep seeing is
E:can't mount(open)/data/data/recovery/log
Is there some way i can get this thing to reboot back to factory? The only thing i can think of is finding a way to get the phone to update via SD but i have no idea what im doing when it comes to phones:-[ I appreciate all the help I can get. I figure trying to fix the problem myself will be alot better than taking it to the store because all they will do anyways is try to reset it and it wont even reset...
Much thanks to anyone who can help me!

Get a warranty replacement sounds defective

Hero S ICS 4.0.3 Sense 3.6

Reactions: Sylvari

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084