Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 33
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    joshua.worth's Avatar
    Android Guru

    Posts
    619 Posts
    Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.1.1 Jelly Belly

    Default ICS 4.0.3 Sense 3.6 Pushing Out now

    It's finally official, post scrernshots!

    End Carrier Madness Vote with Your Wallet!
    Thanked by:
  2. #2  

    Default

    Ota ICS & sens 3.6 on my evo design 4g. Yeah, baby!

    Sent from my PH44100
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ICS 4.0.3 Sense 3.6 Pushing Out now-uploadfromtaptalk1343767428656.jpg   ICS 4.0.3 Sense 3.6 Pushing Out now-uploadfromtaptalk1343767448527.jpg  
    Thanked by:
  3. #3  

    Default Re: ICS 4.0.3 Sense 3.6 Pushing Out now

    anxiously awaiting... ota hasn't pushed to me yet.
    btw, why no sense 4? anyone please explain. thnx
  4. #4  

    Default

    I would imagine that we didn't get sense 4.0 because HTC & Sprint want us to go buy it on the e4g lte. Even though our phone isn't even a year old yet.

    Sent from my PH44100
  5. #5  

    Default Re: ICS 4.0.3 Sense 3.6 Pushing Out now

    Hi everyone,

    I just updated my EVO Design 4G with ICS OTA. I was expecting
    the phone to be much more faster, but to my surprise its laggy.

    Some issues:

    # Interface not as smooth as the gingerbread. It lags considerably
    while opening apps or menu options. Especially the settings options.

    # Previous version used to play all videos flawlessly on MX Player.
    But now the video lags and skips frames.

    Anyone facing similar lag issue ?

    Not at all happy ... is there any way to get back to old ROM ?

    Thanks
    Bob
    Thanked by:
  6. #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobk444 View Post
    Hi everyone,

    I just updated my EVO Design 4G with ICS OTA. I was expecting
    the phone to be much more faster, but to my surprise its laggy.

    Some issues:

    # Interface not as smooth as the gingerbread. It lags considerably
    while opening apps or menu options. Especially the settings options.

    # Previous version used to play all videos flawlessly on MX Player.
    But now the video lags and skips frames.

    Anyone facing similar lag issue ?

    Not at all happy ... is there any way to get back to old ROM ?

    Thanks
    Bob
    Same lag issues! Plus lots of force closing & crashing. Never tried mx player but not surprised, this update is buggy as hell! Looks like yesterdays ICS update for the evo 3d is having a lot of the same issues.

    Sent from my PH44100
  7. #7  
    rafavarium's Avatar

    Posts
    4 Posts
    ROM
    IcedSpeed - Team Invictus

    Default Re: ICS 4.0.3 Sense 3.6 Pushing Out now

    I had the same issues. I rolled back to the IceSpeed ROM which (in my humble opinion) its developers really nailed it.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: ICS 4.0.3 Sense 3.6 Pushing Out now

    Do a factory reset. Always fixes stuff after upgrades...
    Thanked by 2:
  9. #9  

    Default Re: ICS 4.0.3 Sense 3.6 Pushing Out now

    How can you force the update? I have been checking the FIRMWARE UPDATE all day and it says NO UPDATE?
  10. #10  

    Default

    HTC Software update just did it to my phone so far no issues

    Sent from my PH44100 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    joshua.worth's Avatar
    Android Guru

    Posts
    619 Posts
    Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.1.1 Jelly Belly

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0REDSOX7 View Post
    Do a factory reset. Always fixes stuff after upgrades...
    What he said

    End Carrier Madness Vote with Your Wallet!
  12. #12  

    Default

    I got it last night and so far its quick and awesome well see in a few days

    Sent from my PH44100 using Android Central Forums
  13. #13  
    rafavarium's Avatar

    Posts
    4 Posts
    ROM
    IcedSpeed - Team Invictus

    Default Re: ICS 4.0.3 Sense 3.6 Pushing Out now

    I dont know, I am trying to avoid all the Sprint/HTC bloat. I will keep an eye on the custom ROMs that some of the awesome developers on this and other sites so kindly share :-)
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  
    joshua.worth's Avatar
    Android Guru

    Posts
    619 Posts
    Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.1.1 Jelly Belly

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rafavarium View Post
    I dont know, I am trying to avoid all the Sprint/HTC bloat. I will keep an eye on the custom ROMs that some of the awesome developers on this and other sites so kindly share :-)
    You can disable most apps thanks to ICS right in app settings

    End Carrier Madness Vote with Your Wallet!
  15. #15  
    rafavarium's Avatar

    Posts
    4 Posts
    ROM
    IcedSpeed - Team Invictus

    Default Re: ICS 4.0.3 Sense 3.6 Pushing Out now

    Hmm, thanks Joshua! I might actually try that!
    I have been meaning to ask...is there a way to "de-sense" these phones? I know that is really trivial, nothing against Sense, but I kinda like the look of stock Android more and more each day.

    Im kinda new around here, let me search older posts in case this has already been asked.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: ICS 4.0.3 Sense 3.6 Pushing Out now

    Go to android forums. We got a few ics roms there
  17. #17  
    delta7's Avatar

    Posts
    357 Posts
    Global Posts
    601 Global Posts

    Default Re: ICS 4.0.3 Sense 3.6 Pushing Out now

    much better with ics, some lag but overall better phone, very contempt with it, don't need to buy a new phone for a while.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  
    joshua.worth's Avatar
    Android Guru

    Posts
    619 Posts
    Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.1.1 Jelly Belly

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rafavarium View Post
    Hmm, thanks Joshua! I might actually try that!
    I have been meaning to ask...is there a way to "de-sense" these phones? I know that is really trivial, nothing against Sense, but I kinda like the look of stock Android more and more each day.

    Im kinda new around here, let me search older posts in case this has already been asked.
    No not exactly a method without breaking stuff bit there are ways to get a mostly aosp look and feel.

    End Carrier Madness Vote with Your Wallet!
  19. #19  

    Default

    So far, I feel that ICS has been slower but, I'm diggin the look and functionality of it! I've been trying out nova launcher all day & it's pretty smooth & looks great. I am missing some of the sense widgets & such though.

    Sent from my PH44100 using Android Central Forums
  20. #20  
    delta7's Avatar

    Posts
    357 Posts
    Global Posts
    601 Global Posts

    Default Re: ICS 4.0.3 Sense 3.6 Pushing Out now

    Phone is slow as hell, I take back what i said.
  21. #21  
    rafavarium's Avatar

    Posts
    4 Posts
    ROM
    IcedSpeed - Team Invictus

    Default Re: ICS 4.0.3 Sense 3.6 Pushing Out now

    Well, I decided to keep Gingerbread for now (for some reason it does feel laggy) and kept the IceSpeed. I installed Go Launcher and I love the look of it now, and consumes less memory (dont ask me how though), hehe.

    I will be keeping an eye on the custom ICS Roms.
  22. #22  
    dtreo's Avatar

    Posts
    504 Posts
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts

    Default Re: ICS 4.0.3 Sense 3.6 Pushing Out now

    Is this OTA really as much of a disaster as it sounds? Not sure I will update my wife's Design.
    Thanked by:
  23. #23  

    Default Re: ICS 4.0.3 Sense 3.6 Pushing Out now

    I used to be really annoyed by the lags and bugs after the update to ICS but once i did a factory reset everything is smooth again. Yes, I had to spend hours personalizing and downloading all the apps again but it was worth it.
    the panda has spoken
    Thanked by:
  24. #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dadathepanda View Post
    I used to be really annoyed by the lags and bugs after the update to ICS but once i did a factory reset everything is smooth again. Yes, I had to spend hours personalizing and downloading all the apps again but it was worth it.
    I second that motion.

    Sent from my PH44100 using Android Central Forums
  25. #25  

    Default Re: ICS 4.0.3 Sense 3.6 Pushing Out now

    It's always going to be laggy and buggy when you flash over what is already there. That is why when flashing a custom rom they have you wipe data first... Just like computers it's always better to do a clean install than an upgrade. In the case of android, reset the phone after the OTA so that you have fresh ICS...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions