I'm rolling my phone from 4.0.3 to 4.0.2 and I need help

santanalz

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Greetings,

To be blunt, 4.0.3 is the worst update for my Design I have ever witnessed. The entire quality of the phone went down significantly, so I want to roll the version back. I've read a bit on how to do this, and some people have listed the steps but not explained what those steps entail, or links to the programs that would achieve this. Can someone explain this like I'm a small stupid child, and provide quality links to the files I would need? Much appreciated.

santanalz

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ht...as-anyone-successfully-rooted-evo-design.html

Lolinternet seems to know what hes speaking about, but listing the steps doesnt show me where to find these files, or how to execute the rollback.

- - - Updated - - -

http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-design-4g/200094-has-anyone-successfully-rooted-evo-design.html

Lolinternet seems to know what hes speaking about, but listing the steps doesnt show me where to find these files, or how to execute the rollback.

santanalz

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I read that forum and I am unsure if that is what works. This whole thing is irritating. HTC is trash for tech support, I just tried. They offer nothing in the way of guidance on this issue.

anon(894603)

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I read that forum and I am unsure if that is what works. This whole thing is irritating. HTC is trash for tech support, I just tried. They offer nothing in the way of guidance on this issue.

Wow that sucks. I'm still looking for a root for the phone

Sent from my PH44100 using Android Central Forums

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
The lag is just crazy, phone is just sucks now due to crazy lag... It's pathetic

Sent from my PH44100 using Android Central Forums

lolinternet

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm still on GB. Didn't like the lag and the keyboard was glitchy as hell using xScope browser, but I can't say whether or not it was because of ICS since it's just as possible that it was a problem with xScope itself.

Unless Sprint releases an OTA or someone gives us some solid AOSP love, I'll be sticking with GB.

*Sent from work early bcuz some1 4got teh NSFW tag*

santanalz

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm still on GB. Didn't like the lag and the keyboard was glitchy as hell using xScope browser, but I can't say whether or not it was because of ICS since it's just as possible that it was a problem with xScope itself.

Unless Sprint releases an OTA or someone gives us some solid AOSP love, I'll be sticking with GB.

lolinternet,

I saw from another post you know your stuff on this. Could you provide links to the programs I would need to roll my Design from 4.0.3 to 4.0.2? I read on another forum the steps and can likely figure it out but googling these programs has turned up less than perfect results.

lolinternet

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
lolinternet,

I saw from another post you know your stuff on this. Could you provide links to the programs I would need to roll my Design from 4.0.3 to 4.0.2? I read on another forum the steps and can likely figure it out but googling these programs has turned up less than perfect results.

Post where you read this and I'll see if I can translate for you. I'm not a dev or anything, but I've done plenty of reading since I got my first Android in 2009. That being said, I haven't read anything about rolling back like that, but I'll see what I do for you if you post the link.

santanalz

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Post where you read this and I'll see if I can translate for you. I'm not a dev or anything, but I've done plenty of reading since I got my first Android in 2009. That being said, I haven't read anything about rolling back like that, but I'll see what I do for you if you post the link.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ht...as-anyone-successfully-rooted-evo-design.html

You actually were where I got these steps from. Third post down. I'm not trying to do any funky fancy new ROM. When I updated 2 months ago from 4.0.2 to 4.0.3 my phone went from being magical (I came from a POS Blackberry) to rather mediocre. I lost a few features I really enjoyed from this update, and the phone is likely 30% slower in all UI actions. Just to give you a better picture, I believe I am currently on 3.6 HTC sense version, Android 4.0.3. I am unsure if I have the ice cream or whatever else sugar based treat ROM.

lolinternet

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Sorry. I'll get to it tomorrow. Are you sure you mean rolling back to 4.0.2 and not 2.3.4 Gingerbread like myself? As far as I understand, there was no 4.0.2 release for our device.

santanalz

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
From some quick research yes I believe you are correct. I had the gingerbread version and I now have the ice cream version. Unrelated but whoever names these needs a bat to the head....

lolinternet

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Lol, ok that I can help you with. Tomorrow I'll post a novice friendly tutorial complete with links to needed files for anyone that wishes to downgrade. I just couldn't live with Evo Design ICS in its current state. Sprint really needs to do something about it, but I don't see that happening. The Design wasn't a very popular device despite its potential. It really is a great phone, but it never got the development attention it deserves.

Anyway, I'll post it up tomorrow if I have the time. I'm a single father, so it's not easy finding time to do these things, but I'll do my best.

lolinternet

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Sorry it's taken so long. I'm going to fully charge my phone, upgrade to ICS, then downgrade so that I can be sure to give the most complete step by step possible. I may even include pics, but we'll see about that.

santanalz

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
O wow. I really appreciate the effort you are doing to help me dude. I know there is a risk of bricking your phone, so my hat is off to you.

lolinternet

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Well, I wasn't able to get to it last night. I'm actually still a little fuzzy on some of the details, so I'm trying to make sure I've got it right before I attempt it. I could always restore a backup from recovery, but I'm assuming you don't have that luxury, so I'm trying to verify all the steps necessary to return to Gingerbread without using a backup.

Between work and my two year old it's difficult to find the time, so please bare with me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol