Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By dadathepanda
  • 1 Post By 13iron
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Solution for slow Evo Design on ICS

I wrote HTC to complain that after the ICS update the phone is sluggish and they suggested I do the following (thanks Eric from HTC):
    01. With the handset turned off, press and hold the Volume Down key.
    Note: To turn the device off completely, remove and reinsert the battery.
    With the Volume Down key held down, press and hold the Power key.
    02. Release all keys when the HBOOT menu appears.
    03. Press the Volume Down key to scroll to RECOVERY.
    04. With RECOVERY highlighted, press the Power key.
    05. When the triangle appears on the screen, press and hold the Volume Up key.
    06. With the Volume Up key held down, press the Power key.
    07. Release all keys when the Android system recovery menu appears.
    08. Once the wipe is complete,press the Volume Down key to scroll to Wipe cache partition.
    09. With Wipe cache partition highlighted, press the Power key.
    10.Once the wipe is complete, press the Power key to select Reboot system now.

I did it and it worked; my phone is faster now
    the panda has spoken
    Thanked by:
    13iron 
    13iron likes this.

Default Re: Solution for slow Evo Design on ICS

If you root your phone you can do that with app or in custom recovery which is MUCH easier. I'm not sure if that would have worked for me because I didn't stay on stock ICS very long before restoring a GB backup. Hell, I'm still rockin GB.

If you want better performance, you might look into flashing 2fast4u88's CM10 rom which can be found at 2fastroms.com. You'll need to manually set SMS settings, but it's a pretty impressive rom. It's also the only CyanogenMod rom available for the Evo Design.

Why run ICS when you could be running CyanogenMod: Jelly Bean edition?

*Sent from work early bcuz some1 4got teh NSFW tag*
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I've been trying to root the damn thing but on ICS there is no information online to guide me through the process.
    the panda has spoken

I've gotcha covered. I plan on posting a guide later tonight if circumstances permit.

i cant find cyanogen mods for mine, i want to know more about the jelltbean e. too, you told us about 2fastroms, whats the cyanogen site? the one i go to has a list of phones, but no design...
    HTC EVO Design 4g, android 4.0.3, sense 3.6, xFuZiiOnZz-4.3.2., 2fast4u88 kernel, spb3d shell.
    rooted, unlocked... obviously

You can find Cyanogenmod 10 at 2fastroms.com under the roms subsection of the HeroS/ Evo Design section.

I tried the Wipe cache steps above but still slow as sludge. Really thinking about rooting. How risky is it? Bricking the phone?

There's very little risk involved in rooting. I have a guide posted here, and it's highly unlikely that you would cause any harm to your phone as long as you follow the instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by lolinternet View Post
    You can find Cyanogenmod 10 at 2fastroms.com under the roms subsection of the HeroS/ Evo Design section.

I flashed his rom, and its amazing. I love being able to use the full potential of my phone.
    but I have a galaxy prevail with ics and a camera icon that reboots my handset, as well as a kingdom with jellybean with the same issue. what's the deal?
    lyrrad85z@gmail.....
    HTC EVO Design 4g, android 4.0.3, sense 3.6, xFuZiiOnZz-4.3.2., 2fast4u88 kernel, spb3d shell.
    rooted, unlocked... obviously

anyone else tried this solution and have it work? and does anyone have widgets that by refreshing themselves before the os can do anything sliw their phone down? also thought jb needed multiple cores?

- - - Updated - - -

anyone else tried this solution and have it work? and does anyone have widgets that by refreshing themselves before the os can do anything sliw their phone down? also thought jb needed multiple cores?
    Outlawdog777 likes this.

was sooo hopeful about this... but just talked to a sprint rep at a nearby store and he told me that
    THIS IS JUST A FACTORY RESET, but arrived at by the hardware just not through the phones' settings menu.
    please correct me if this is false

Quote Originally Posted by dadathepanda View Post
    I wrote HTC to complain that after the ICS update the phone is sluggish and they suggested I do the following (thanks Eric from HTC):
    01. With the handset turned off, press and hold the Volume Down key.
    Note: To turn the device off completely, remove and reinsert the battery.
    With the Volume Down key held down, press and hold the Power key.
    02. Release all keys when the HBOOT menu appears.
    03. Press the Volume Down key to scroll to RECOVERY.
    04. With RECOVERY highlighted, press the Power key.
    05. When the triangle appears on the screen, press and hold the Volume Up key.
    06. With the Volume Up key held down, press the Power key.
    07. Release all keys when the Android system recovery menu appears.
    08. Once the wipe is complete,press the Volume Down key to scroll to Wipe cache partition.
    09. With Wipe cache partition highlighted, press the Power key.
    10.Once the wipe is complete, press the Power key to select Reboot system now.

I did it and it worked; my phone is faster now

finally got the nerve... WORKED FOR ME! thnx

Is this a factory reset? Will it delete all my data or just clear the cache?

That's for a hard factory reset. Easy factory reset option is in your settings under storage.

Just make sure all your contacts are synced to your Gmail account. Pictures & music saved to SD card. You can download your apps again easily by opening up Google Play, signing in with your same Gmail account, when you get to the main page on Google Play click your menu button, select My Apps then scroll over to All. You'll see every app you have downloaded and purchased.

~¤°Holliewood°¤~
    ~*Purple Android*~

Your pictures aren't coming through. They are just blank squares on my end.

~¤°Holliewood°¤~
    ~*Purple Android*~

Smile Re: Solution for slow Evo Design on ICS

Success!!!! Very nice, I followed the instructions and my phone is running much better. I lost my info. But that was because I switched micro SD cards first thinking I needed more space. So I think my photos and music are on the other card. I do not care. I am happy my phone is working great again. I saved the instructions for future use.
    Thank you!!!!