1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock, rooted.

Default Voicemail Notification Issues (No Voicemail Notifications at all)

Shortly after getting my new Design (boost mobile), i noticed it had a TON of bloat... part of the bloatware was a visual voicemail app that was for a free trial. i found it nothing but annoying - so i deleted it from system files via titanium backup...
    i think i did a major fail, because now I don't get notifications AT ALL for voicemails.... i have to check manually any time i want to listen to messages. A lot of my work is done through my phone so getting messages on time is critical.

on that note - does anyone know a way to get stock voicemail notifications back? i tried installing an app from the play store called 'a better voicemail'. the app is unable to alert me for new voicemails as well.

this sucks because the phone seemed nearly flawless... now it's driving me nuts.

anyone have a solution? mad kudos to someone who can help figure this out for me

Default Re: Voicemail Notification Issues (No Voicemail Notifications at all)

Have you done a factory reset to see if it comes back?

~~Android Goddess~~
    ~*Purple Android*~

Default Re: Voicemail Notification Issues (No Voicemail Notifications at all)

Here's vtt-sprint.apk. Put in system/app change permissions then reboot. Should work if that's the apk that you deleted.

Edit: That's com.coremobility.app.vnotes-1.apk and it goes in data/app. Just be sure to change permissions to the same as the other apps in data/app then reboot and you should be good to go.

Let me know how that works for you.

*Sent from work early bcuz some1 4got teh NSFW tag*
    Last edited by lolinternet; 10-15-2012 at 02:49 AM.