1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Re-locking and Un-rooting.

First thing I did to my new phone was root it and put CWM on it before updating, can't do the OTA updates now. How do I reverse the rooting process? I know how to re-lock the BL, but in which order do I do them? How do I remove CWM? or do I need to? I have the Boost version.

Phone currently has 4.0.3 ICS, going to update it, THEN re-root once I'm updated. How do I flash back to stock ROM and recovery?

I found an RUU for Evo design, it seems to be for a later version though, I want to make absolutely certain I have the right version before I try running a RUU. here's my info:

Android 4.0.3
    HTC Sense V: 3.6
    Software number: 1.10.653.2 710RD
    PRI: 3.42_150
    PRL: 61009

Can anyone help me?

Default Re: Re-locking and Un-rooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Rtedmonston View Post
    First thing I did to my new phone was root it and put CWM on it before updating, can't do the OTA updates now. How do I reverse the rooting process? I know how to re-lock the BL, but in which order do I do them? How do I remove CWM? or do I need to? I have the Boost version.

Phone currently has 4.0.3 ICS, going to update it, THEN re-root once I'm updated. How do I flash back to stock ROM and recovery?

I found an RUU for Evo design, it seems to be for a later version though, I want to make absolutely certain I have the right version before I try running a RUU. here's my info:

Android 4.0.3
    HTC Sense V: 3.6
    Software number: 1.10.653.2 710RD
    PRI: 3.42_150
    PRL: 61009

Can anyone help me?
    What are u going to update it to?

Sent from my PH44100 using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Trying to update the software to the latest 1.11 version, how to flash stock recovery? I'm trying to update because I'm still having trouble with Google Navigation and Maps in that it gets stuck on "Searching for GPS"...

1.11 what? Android? The latest is 4.04 Jelly Bean, and the Design won't be getting it officially.

Give me a little more info about what it is exactly that you're trying to do and I'll try my best to help.

*Sent from work early bcuz some1 4got teh NSFW tag*
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yes, trying to update to update from where I'm at now to the latest stock ROM of ICS without doing an OTA, or unrooting then doing an OTA. The latest version I think is 1.11.653.3?

Can't I just run an RUU and do it that way? Just need to make sure it's the correct version.

Edit: Ok I found a way to update firmware via recovery by putting in a NANdroid backup I DLed, it updated fine but I then lost root, so I re-rooted and lost the update. GRRR ><
    Last edited by Rtedmonston; 10-29-2012 at 09:54 PM.